Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 21 Sep 2016, 18:00
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
How to show MRU Most Recently Used Documents on Start Menu?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
ASD's posts in this thread are shown below in chronological sequence:

original comments, now emphasised, show in underlined bold red text
additional explanatory comments show in [bold blue italics and brackets]

ASD

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep 2016, 04:46    Post subject:  

Having just tried v 0.9.4

* The initial window showed (joke) as yellow text on a light background

* After fixing the colours Help did not show (pun) v 0.9.4

* All my ROX Speed Dials had been blanked out (i.e. reset and not funny).

[musher0 replied on only the last point: "I'm sorry I forgot to announce it, I was tired and it escaped me."]
ASD

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep 2016, 07:54    Post subject:  

My comments on v 0.9.4.1 are exactly as they were for v 0.9.4:

The display is unfixed; however, as you have added a footnote which does show - why not just forget the colours altogether.

The version number is still not updated.

All ROX Speed Dials are, yet again, reset. You still didn't announce that fact, but if you had announced it I would not have tried v 0.9.4.1

[musher0 replied "You don't like my including a pristine "groups.xml" in the pet archive?" amongst other sarcasm
---Who would want a pristine replacement for their existing specially made set of ROX Speed Dials---]

ASD

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep 2016, 12:32    Post subject:  

I shall leave it to MochiMoppel, should he wish to comment on your adaptation of his excellent work on ROX Speed Dials.

[(1) The white text in the apparent gap above says colours are useless if the text is unreadable
 (2) MochiMoppels ROX Speeds Dials app works - musher0's does not, despite his foolish vitriolic outburst
 (3) the highlighted line in the screen shot shows the version number was still not updated - it still isn't]
      unforunately the screen shot will have to be viewed in the thread rather than in this failed extract
version.png
 Description   
 Filesize   23 KB
 Viewed   197 Time(s)

version.png

ASD

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep 2016, 16:20    Post subject:  

Indubitably this will be seen as yet another petty comment, but v 0.9.5 displays an error and does not install here.
[this was using a 32 bit Puppy]
So that MochiMoppel and/or others may form an opinion of the previous two versions (with particular regard to ROX Speed Dials) those withdrawn attachments are reinstated below.
[MochiMoppel could not check if he wanted to after the pets were deleted- so ASD replaced them]

MRUF-lst-0.9.4.1a.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  MRUF-lst-0.9.4.1a.pet 
Filesize  124.67 KB 
Downloaded  3 Time(s) 
MRUF-lst-0.9.4.1.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  MRUF-lst-0.9.4.1.pet 
Filesize  124.59 KB 
Downloaded  2 Time(s) 
ASD

PostPosted: Sun 18 Sep 2016, 04:39    Post subject:  

To musher0, M walsh, bigpup, P Dogfellow, RSH, peebee et al,

Please try v 0.9.5.2 (or v 0.9.5.1) on tahr-64-6.0.5 (where they ruined my respective save files) or wherever and kindly report here on your installation success or failure(s).

[ASD asked other September 2016 thread contributors to test and report - warning them to take special care - musher0 stated ASD was untruthful and no save files were corrupted - of course others were asked to test]
ASD

PostPosted: Mon 19 Sep 2016, 04:25    Post subject:  

musher0,

Testily, only yesterday, you wrote "this is a 32 bit package".
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[Musher0 responded: "What is your point exactly?" - The points are:
(1) on 6th September 2016 Puppus Dogfellow stated "seems to work well in tahr64" - musherO did not reply to him with any mention that it is 32 bit - the quote from yesterday reads "Before this gets out of hand: this is a 32-bit package. For methodological reasons, a 64-bit version will be considered only when the development of this 32-bit version has been finalized." and (2) The pet name, the pet download box and the internal notes seem ideal places to advise any appropriate working environment]

ASD

PostPosted: Mon 19 Sep 2016, 06:25    Post subject:  

Flash,

Upon installation, I see a blank window, RSH sees a blank window, Puppus Dogfellow may still see a blank window.

Evidently, it's not for 64 bit use (as may be obvious) and if it's for beginners heaven help us and all Puppy versions.

Might I suggest you might consider moving this thread to another location.

[Musher0 has now written "Testing is not recommended for newbies." ~ so surely this thread should be moved out from  "Beginners Help"]

ASD

PostPosted: Mon 19 Sep 2016, 09:19    Post subject:  

musher0,

Yet again, you write testily. Please do contact Flash - I can easily provide him with full information, but since you insist upon being obtuse just be content with your claim that I'm a liar and a fool.

[musher0 responded to ASD post immediately above with:

"
If you don't stop spreading lies about my work, I will complain to Flash
until he sees fit to suspend you."

ASD had not written any lie (not even a tiny white lie), he had reported test problems pleasantly and without malice, but because
musherO is frequently aggressive and 'far from rational' there was (before ASD was so unexpectedy banned) absolutely nothing to be gained by explaining matters here - when it was actually musher0 who spread the lies and tried to play his petty and devious tricks]