Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 21 Nov 2018, 00:43
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
SOLO Java MP3 player
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
Mike Walsh

PostPosted: Sun 29 Jul 2018, 09:23    Post subject:  SOLO Java MP3 player
Subject description: Java-based cross-platform MP3 player (only supports .mp3 & .wav)

Afternoon, all.

I came across this last night. If you happen to have the Java Runtime Environment installed on your system (for whatever reason..!), and fancy a really quirky, simple MP3 player (and why not? Laughing).....then take a look at this:-

The Solo Java MP3 player.

(I can't link you to a website as such; it's only a project page on SourceForge), but if you want to look at it, here ya go:-

https://sourceforge.net/projects/sjmp3/ )

--------------------------------------

It really is pretty simple; it only supports .mp3 and .wav files. (Not .wma, or .wmv; only .wav.) So it's a wee bit limited in scope.....but if you have shed-loads of .mp3 or .wav files, you'll be OK.

It does include some rather nifty editing tools, and a whole lot of different themes. So it's not such a waste of time; personally, I just think this is a rather fun item to mess around with, and hey! it's different, right?

You can also use it for streaming radio station URLs, too; it's just a case of getting the URL correct. Which has always been a bit of a PITA, no matter what app you use for this!!

Very simple interface:-

Anybody fancies messing around with it, you can find it here. If you don't have the current, up-to-date version of Java, you can find an SFS for that here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'll also want rerwin's .pet for the Java control panel.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?mode=attach&id=93157

Load the SFS, install the control panel .pet, then open Menu->Utility->Java Control Panel. It'll ask you to reboot before you can use it. After re-booting, open Menu->Multimedia->Solo Java MP3 player....and enjoy. Very Happy

(Oh, BTW; before I forget. Before playing anything on it at all, open the volume control (bottom right corner), and TURN IT DOWN! It fires up with the volume set to 100%, so it'll blast your ears out if your audio's working correctly.....and it cross-links to, and controls Retrovol.

Don't say I didn't warn ya..! Laughing)

Mike. Wink

Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to: