AzureWave AW NBO37H driver ? [Solved]

skulqerX

AzureWave AW NBO37H driver ? [Solved]

#1 Post by skulqerX »

Hi . I was using xenialpup 7.5 , used the network wizard. It detected the ethernet . but there is no wireless detected. Please help ?

Edit
Solved - have to install the driver installer with the exact name as given.
Last edited by skulqerX on Tue 31 Jul 2018, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

perdido

#2 Post by perdido »

Hello, welcome to the forum.
I hope you can find a solution to your problem.
-----
You need to supply a little more info to find a solution.

Laptop = Asus K43SD

1.Which Xenial version, 32-bit or 64-bit? Your system can run either.

And one more request. :)
2.Open a terminal window and run the command

Code: Select all

lspci
and paste the results in your reply
That will let us know the exact wifi card you have.

You can cut/paste using the center mouse button when using a terminal window.

skulqerX

#3 Post by skulqerX »

Oh im sorry i didnt notice ur reply . I am currently running the 32-bit 7.5 xenialpup.

Here is the command

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller (rev 09)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200/2nd Generation Core Processor Family PCI Express Root Port (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 05)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 05)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev b5)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 2 (rev b5)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev b5)
00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 6 (rev b5)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 05)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation HM65 Express Chipset Family LPC Controller (rev 05)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 port SATA AHCI Controller (rev 05)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 05)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF119M [GeForce 610M] (rev a1)
03:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)
04:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host Controller
05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 v2.0 Gigabit Ethernet (rev c0)
root#

perdido

#4 Post by perdido »

Ok will pick up where we left off. This was what we needed to know.

03:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01) 
There is a fix for this.
Download the following file and click to install http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pu ... nial32.pet

That was provided from this thread
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 761#976761

Let us know if you can see the wireless after that. You may need to reboot after installing the file.

skulqerX

#5 Post by skulqerX »

Im sorry , i tried a few times installing ( by clikcing it ) but after pressing save ( at the dekstop) and restarting . It doesnt work :(

I dont know what else to do so i attached pupsynsinfo . both the summaries and complete report of my hardware and system are inside that rar.

Thank u for helping
Attachments
PSI-SYS-SUMMARY-180729.rar
(75.09 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

perdido

#6 Post by perdido »

Thanks for posting the logs. The firmware is loaded but the drivers are not.

That should have been the correct drivers.
Lets do some checking.

Verify the drivers are now installed by checking the following directory.
lib/modules/4.4.95/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath/
You should have the following in the /ath/ directory after installing the atheros_kernel_modules-4.4.95noPAE-xenial32.pet file.
ar5523
ath10k
ath5k
ath9k
carl9170
wcn36xx
wil6210
ath.ko

Also, check to make sure your wireless is turned on. Sometimes there is a physical switch, sometimes it is in BIOS.
Some computers have both. Some computers don't have any.

---------------
Anyone else have suggestions? The following links have what I thought were the solution., 666philb left the atheros 32-bit drivers out of xenial 7.5 32-bit puppy, the drivers were provided by phil here
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 761#976761

In reference to this same exact issue, this link goes to start of thread where phil posted drivers http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=112286

That fixed the exact same wireless pcie wireless issue

Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01) 

skulqerX

#7 Post by skulqerX »

Oh wow. I checked the directory that u sent me , there is no /ath/ folder at all even with numerous installs of the .pet file. I will try reformatting and update see if it works.

Editted* . Formatted. Installed again .pet . Didnt work :( . Should i try the 64 bit then ? But my pc only 2gb Ram :(

perdido

#8 Post by perdido »

skulqerX wrote:Oh wow. I checked the directory that u sent me , there is no /ath/ folder at all even with numerous installs of the .pet file. I will try reformatting and update see if it works.

Editted* . Formatted. Installed again .pet . Didnt work :( . Should i try the 64 bit then ? But my pc only 2gb Ram :(
Was the session saved in the save file or save folder after you installed the pet file? The save file/folder dialog appears after first run of puppy
or if there is no save file/folder yet.

When you click on the pet, it installs with the following screens, did the windows show like in the pics?

I'm pretty sure we will figure this out for the 32-bit xenial but yes, the 64-bit version has the drivers and should run fine on your system.
Attachments
capture12661.png
(11.76 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
capture13153.png
(13.92 KiB) Downloaded 254 times

skulqerX

#9 Post by skulqerX »

Yes , i already installed and saved numerous times before restarting . Im sorry is there anything else we can do ?

bigpup

#10 Post by bigpup »

lib/modules/4.4.95/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath/
Oh wow. I checked the directory that u sent me , there is no /ath/ folder at all even with numerous installs of the .pet file.
I just installed the pet package in my Xenialpup 7.5

I looked in lib/modules/4.4.95/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
And I have the ath directory and the drivers inside it.

So, you have to be doing something wrong, when downloading and installing the pet package of the drivers.

Tell us, in specific details, what you do to download and install the driver pet package?
Attachments
capture25418.png
(84.87 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

bigpup

#11 Post by bigpup »

In the console type:

rfkill list
Post results.
This should tell us if the device is being blocked by anything.

If this is a laptop computer, there is probably a mechanical switch or key combo that turns wifi on/off.
So, Puppy is not going to see it if it is mechanically turned off.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

skulqerX

#12 Post by skulqerX »

Hi! Thank u for trying to help. Here is the result

rfkill list
0: hci0: bluetooth
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: no

About the .pet file . I downloaded by the link provided above. and installed as per picture . I saved ,then i restarted. After installing ,saving , and restarting , there is no /ath/directory as u can see :(
Attachments
capture12396.png
(33.76 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
capture9586.png
(13.48 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
capture9204.png
(13.31 KiB) Downloaded 217 times

perdido

#13 Post by perdido »

Hi skulqerX,

Looking at your install screens I see differences between the ones you posted and the ones I posted.
I did my install in the same version of xenial so they should be exactly the same.

Your file name is different for the driver package. That is the problem.
The completion screen does not say the pet was installed.
The one I posted has the name of the pet in both screens.

We are dealing with file corruption, the file name is messing it up.

Make sure the file name is exactly atheros_kernel_modules-4.4.95noPAE-xenial32.pet
then do the install. :wink:

skulqerX

#14 Post by skulqerX »

Wow.. Internet wireless connected !!! Thank u so much perdido and bigpup . U guys are awesome as heck:D