Is there a sound equaliser that works in YouTube?

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
lightheaded1

Is there a sound equaliser that works in YouTube?

#1 Post by lightheaded1 »

Is there a way of Eq ing the sound while I am listening to Videos on You Tube
I can correct to some extent by fiddling with the three gains . One on the comp one one You tube and the one on the system i play it on which was designed
for gaming and has a subwoofer which is amazing considering it only draws 2 1/2 amps from the power supply ,but older music is deficient in the base end and some newer music has base over the top so i find myself bouncing back and forth cause there is no standard EQ at their end. . Headphones don't do it for me I am old school and like music in the air . it sounds better that way . The
alsamixer is good for what it does but it would be good to work the frequency bands since it is all digital anyway one would think this would not be too difficult

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

I think you need a sound card with hardware tone controls if you want to change the tone of a video being played in Flash. Otherwise you could download the video and play it in a normal media player.
Unless there's some way to set up some sort of virtual sound card which has tone controls and redirects the sound to a hardware sound card... I wouldn't be surprised if there is a way.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

artifus

#3 Post by artifus »

jack? see puppystudio

GustavoYz

#4 Post by GustavoYz »

disciple

#5 Post by disciple »

That looks like it!
I think the project might be abandoned, but let us know if it works.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

johnywhy

#6 Post by johnywhy »

i'm have pEqualizer on slack pup.
How can i route browser audio to alsa?

THX
[b]Now[/b]: X-Tahr 2.0! StretchDog! DevuanDog!
[b]Tops[/b]: TarhNOP Vlina-R2 Racy
[b]Used[/b]: Puppeee Precise Lucid Wary Tahrpup Quirky Slacko MacPup Saluki Puppy Studio LxPupTarh Lina-Lite Lina
[i]i ♥ Puppy[/i]

backi

#7 Post by backi »

I have found a way to play Youtube (or others) Videos directly with a Mediaplayer like Smplayer or Vlc-Player ( in The Deb/Ubuntu Dogs and different other Puppies ) instead of Flashplayer.....by installing a Plugin/Extension to Palemoon Or Firefox Browser .
This Extension/plugin is called "Open With" .
It can be configured to play Contents from Youtube and a few other Sites with either Vlc-Player or Smplayer directly.....their Equalizers work while playing Videos from that sites ...
think it even uses less Resources than Flashplayer (not quite sure).
I never/seldom use Flashplayer .

johnywhy

#8 Post by johnywhy »

backi wrote:I have found a way to play Youtube (or others) Videos directly with a Mediaplayer like Smplayer or Vlc-Player ( in The Deb/Ubuntu Dogs and different other Puppies ) instead of Flashplayer.....by installing a Plugin/Extension to Palemoon Or Firefox Browser . This Extension/plugin is called "Open With" .
great!
this is also available on Opera, which is my browser of choice.

i noticed the 'open with mplayer' extension is much bigger (~130kb) than the 'open with vlc' extension (~30k). However, the actual mplayer is (i believe) much smaller than the actual vlc player. Tradeoffs.

i need to reduce RAM footprint, so i'm guessing the smaller mplayer with the bigger extension is going to have a smaller total RAM footprint than the bigger VLC player with the smaller extension.

https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/ ... ia-player/

https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/ ... -videolan/

Update: Yikes, just found out the mplayer extension requires that i install a 20MB helper-file, AND node.js! Hope i'm wrong...

THX
[b]Used[/b]: Puppeee Precise Lucid Wary Tahrpup Quirky Slacko MacPup Saluki Puppy Studio LxPupTarh Lina-Lite Lina
[i]i ♥ Puppy[/i]

backi

#9 Post by backi »

Hi johnnywhy!
Vlc-Player anyway has an Equalizer included .
But you need Vlc 3.x.x the newest Version . (Cause youtube always changes some Codes ) . Vlc 2.2 no longer works on Youtube .
The Problem with using only mplayer or Mpv-Player it does not have an Equalizer.This was what you were looking for.
Because Smplayer is a Frontend to mplayer or Mpv-Player with an Equalizer included ....Smplayer (latest Version ) will give you what you are looking for .
Smplayer either can use mplayer or Mpv-player (if installed ).......
But it does differs somehow from which Distro (and which Version of mplayer ) you are using .So it is possible when loaded mplayer from preferences in Smplayer Settings...it does not play Youtube Videos .
But Mpv-player surely does .
i myself found mplayer to give better Sound-Quality than Mpv-player......but maybe just my Imagination .

johnywhy

#10 Post by johnywhy »

indeed, backi!

i've been using smplayer on Mint, and also uninstalled xplayer and mpv. First time i tried to open a facebook video url in xplayer, i got an error. No such problem with smplayer.

also, check out smtube-- dedicated youtube search tool, that opens videos directly in smplayer. i wonder if it will work on puppy? Awesome things about smtube: search results come much faster, and filtering is easier. And smtube seems to use a lot less RAM than doing youtube searches in a web browser. For that reason, i think it might make a good candidate for bundling with puppy :)

https://www.smtube.org/

i tried a couple 'open with' extensions in Opera, but nothing satisfactory yet. For the moment, can't try anymore sm stuff or "open with sm" extensions yet, cuz now setting up xfce xenial64. i will experiment with smplayer on xenial pup once installed.

I'll get back

THX
[i]i ♥ Puppy[/i]

backi

#11 Post by backi »

Hi johnywhy !
Smtube fantastic Tool .!
also, check out smtube-- dedicated youtube search tool, that opens videos directly in smplayer. i wonder if it will work on puppy?
It Does work in Puppy ......and Debian/Ubuntu(bionic) Dogs too .

johnywhy

#12 Post by johnywhy »

hrm, but smplayer won't play youtube videos.
it will play local videos fine.

note, smtube is available in xtahr quickpet. After install, be sure to run 'update youtube code' on help menu.

note, when i installed smplayer from ppm, it seems to have replaced smtube with a new youtube browser.
[i]i ♥ Puppy[/i]

backi

#13 Post by backi »

Hi !
hrm, but smplayer won't play youtube videos.
Yes ....quite annoying ......one day it works.....the next Day it won`t .....youtube constantly changing some code .