Introductions - Hi I'm (insert name here)

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
RedRaven

Introductions - Hi I'm (insert name here)

#1 Post by RedRaven »

Hi I'm RedRaven and I'm on my second day in Puppy Linux, I would like to introduce myself.

I'm a 23 y/o Inuk (Eskimo, native from the frozen shores of northern Canada and half-greenlander) BRR! And just on my second day on puppy linux I'm loving it!

I've had previous exposure to Linux, basically a commercial distro of Mandrake that invaded my computer and re-partitioned without asking me...

Some of my interests include building computers from case up and reading sci-fi.

Anyways, just a basic suggestion to put a thread up for people to interact with other people, introduce new ppl and just meet ppl online with the same interest (puppy linux!!)
If I spend 5 minutes complaing about a problem, that's 5 minutes spent not solving it.

Rich

#2 Post by Rich »

Hi RedRaven.

If it's interaction you're after, just click the Chat link at the top of the screen.
Puppy has it's own IRC chatroom where you can get help, advice or copious amounts of sarcasm from the other members of this forum.

This can also be accessed using Xchat or Gaim ( instructions in the Wiki for how to connect and log in ).

Glad you like puppy so far.............give it a week and you'll regret ever using anything else !
:)

klhrevolutionist

i'm the rev

#3 Post by klhrevolutionist »

Hi, redraven, hope you enjoy puppy!!!
It won't take over your hard drive not until, the exposure of puppy's power hits you!!!
Anyway, glad to see a noob not afraid to post!!!
You like to build pc's??? What a coincidence, I like people optimizing my pc!!!
anyhoo, welcome have fun!!!
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

Pizzasgood

#4 Post by Pizzasgood »

Hi. I'm the resident 17 year old who raps about cheese cake, thinks programming a CMS is fun, and considers MS Internet Explorer to be the root of all evil. (Yes, IE is worse than Gates himself. WinME is next on my list, then the actual company. I actually don't have much against Bill himself, I just don't think he cares any more about me than the guy who picks the school toilet paper)

An Eskimo, eh? Cool. Literally. I'm from Minnesota, but I live in Georgia (the state, not the country). I'm the guy who's still wearing shorts in December and doesn't understand why the city shuts down after an inch of snow. I imagine shorts in 40 degrees Farenheit isn't too impressive to an Eskimo, though.

Anyways, have fun with Puppy, he's cool too! :wink:
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

#5 Post by Guest »

Hi...

I'm the resident unstable genius (self proclaimed...well genius part)....I have my good and I have my very very very bad days......

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Ian »

Hi,

I'm the resident drunk.

I don't feel the cold.

Actually I don't feel much of anything.

Stokey

Canada?

#7 Post by Stokey »

G'day RedRaven

Is Canada the 51st state of America or the 52nd state!!

I know Australia is about to become the 53rd state of the good old USA

I have to say nice things about the US one of my daughters a true blue Aussie married a guy from California :cry:

Anyway welcome to the mad world of Puppy :lol:
Elvis Lives, three-dimensional

Stokey

#8 Post by Stokey »

Oops... sorry about the emotions as I said all Puppys are a bit mad':lol:'

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#9 Post by Flash »

I hope you don't mind; I cleaned up your post.

Incidentally, the originator of a post can always go back and edit it. The only thing you can't do is delete it altogether. Actually, you may be able to delete a post you made, as long as you do it before someone responds to it.

Stokey

Edit

#10 Post by Stokey »

No problems Flash thanks for that

I keep forgetting about Edit