Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 14 Dec 2018, 15:35
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
MediaInfo AppImage, debs etc. -- Video Information Decoder
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
mikeslr

PostPosted: Fri 07 Sep 2018, 21:42    Post subject:  MediaInfo AppImage, debs etc. -- Video Information Decoder  

Hi All,

Recently someone had attempted to combine videos taken with a camera into one clip using avidemux. Unfortunately, the clip avidemux rendered did not produce sound. I wondered what audio format the camera generated and whether it might be necessary to convert that to some other format.

There's probably some command I could have ffmpeg run to determine the current audio format. But I'm not really good at remembering command-line arguments. Under XP I would had used gspot to obtain such information; and gspot will run under Wine. Since not everyone want to run wine, I thought MediaInfo might be useful.

This page provides links to various packages including ones for debian, ubuntu, and AppImage. Follow the Slackware link for instructions.http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download I followed the AppImage link and downloaded both 32 & 64 bit versions. After setting its permissions I clicked the AppImage while in Xenialpup64 and used it to determine a great deal of information about a clip I had downloaded.

mikeslr

p.s. Custom search of the Forum shows builds several years old and that riedzig mentioned the MediaInfo.AppImage last year.
phat7

PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep 2018, 01:50    Post subject: Re: MediaInfo AppImage, debs etc. -- Video Information Decoder  

mikeslr wrote:
There's probably some command I could have ffmpeg run to determine the current audio format. But I'm not really good at remembering command-line arguments.
Try to remember ffprobe filename.
mikeslr

PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep 2018, 10:12    Post subject: Re: MediaInfo AppImage, debs etc. -- Video Information Decoder  

phat7 wrote:
Try to remember ffprobe filename.

Probably impossible. Sad But what I probably will remember, even longer than that there is a MediaInfo application, is the phrase "Video Information Decoder" or even just "Video Information". https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=015995643981050743583%3Aabvzbibgzxo&q=#gsc.tab=0 will locate this thread, and your very useful 'one-liner'. Thanks for that. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to: