Pupdial extracted to a package as version 2.0, now 2.2

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
rerwin

Pupdial extracted to a package as version 2.0, now 2.2

#1 Post by rerwin »

Pupdial 2.0 is a polished version of the pupdial that has been part of puppy for a long time. The minor improvements are:
  • - Modem testing and initialization string creation are faster.
    - Only one window displays at a time.
    - Message windows are generated consistently:
    • Status/results in upper section
      Instructions in lower section
      "Probing" splash messages persistent until probe/test completion
This has been submitted to woofCE. Please report here anything about pupdial-2.0 the doesn't seem right, so that I might resolve it.

This has been tested in tahrpup, xenialpup and stretchpup. It also works in lucid but without the correct icons (which are not in lucid). I tested with a USB ethernet modem and an external serial modem.

Note that the text and "gettexting" of the messages has changed, necessitating review by translators to update the internationalization.

UPDATE 8/8/18:
Re-uploaded pupdial-2.0 after download #3, to add ensuring that the /dev/ppp node exists, so as to avoid a connection error. Puppies probably won't have that node. (I needed this for testing with Dpup-stretch.)

UPDATE 9/6/18:
Uploaded pupdial-2.1, to improve performance where modem-stats is not installed but microcom is used. It also adds modemdisconnect and a link to it for access by rc.shutdown.

UPDATE 3/4/19:
Uploaded pupdial-2.2, to remove obsolete code related to the long-gone gkdial and another minor change.
Attachments
pupdial-2.2.pet
Wire-line & wireless modem dialer
(25.83 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
pupdial-2.1.pet
Wire-line & wireless modem dialer
(22.08 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
Last edited by rerwin on Mon 04 Mar 2019, 15:30, edited 6 times in total.

mikeb

#2 Post by mikeb »

Looks a useful package.

I have used pupdial t for my broadband dongle and have also added it to slax for the same purpose so will give this a spin :)

cheers

mike

rerwin

#3 Post by rerwin »

Please replace pupdial-2.0 with the version I uploaded after download #3. It prevents a connection surprise when testing on a new installation. See my update comment, above.

rerwin

#4 Post by rerwin »

Pupdial is updated to 2.1 to improve performance and complete the package. See my update comment, above.

rerwin

#5 Post by rerwin »

Pupdial is updated to 2.2 to remove a gkdial-related workaround, to match woofCE version. Functionally the same as 2.1.