Script based on Wary-5.5 'usbflash' 4 my build

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
potchan
Location: Pilots' Height Tel Aviv - Yaffo, Israel לינוקס_פותחן

Script based on Wary-5.5 'usbflash' 4 my build

#1 Post by potchan »

This is UPDATED post, thanks to so many good Duds out-there.

I edit / update former post as follows:

Hi, to your convenience I zipped and attached the relevant original file 'bootflash', hope it's arrived (placed as /usr/sbin/bootflash normally). I do not refer to usbflash later versions less suitable to my needs.

Let's focus on the 'Combo..' one -

1. I want the sdX1 to REMAIN FAT 32. However I need about 1Gib. (out of 8Gib. of USB) for sdX2 which will be ext4 fs.

see attached screenshots next post.

*********************************************************************************************************
NO HARM EXPECTED TO ANY PRE-EXISTING OPRERATING SYSTEM BEACAUSE WE BOOT THIS BUILD FROM flash USB sdX4
(- for peace of mind please prefer non-system partition, for example: D:\. HOWEVER NO WARRANTY GIVEN !!!)
*********************************************************************************************************

2. I want to download ~.zipped from my link to ANY X:\ options HDD|SDDs and flashdisk USB, The only directions I give on HDD|SSDs are to measure disk spaces enough for each ~.ziped. There are FOUR downloads to X:\ of HDD|SSDs, as follows:

a. BASE.zip extracted to BASE needs a diskspace of 7.5 Gib. MOST ESSENTIAL !!! (zip not needed afterwards).
(- needed also for sdX1 USB flash for independent USB use on ANY HW around).

**** DO NOT TELL ANYBODY BUT IT'S THE ONLY ESSENTIAL ONE ****

b. SIDE.zip extracted to SIDE door to 'a' needs a diskspace of 1.9 Gib. WARMLY RECOMMENDED. (zip not needed afterwards).

c. LAB.zip extracted to LAB [4NERDS, optional] needs a diskspace of 700 Mb. (zip - " -).

d. OUTS.zip extracted to OUTS,zilt size, a suggestion to keep 'seder' in 'balagan' (zip - " -).

and - last ...

e. CHANGES.tar.gz, extracted to CHANGES on sdX2,zilt size (openbuild), the only folder POINTED ONLY TO sdX2 on flashdisk USB.

**** NOT RELEVANT TO OPEN BUILD. CREATED AUTOMATICALLY ****

3. Because sdX2 can be sdb2 or sdc2 ... a script line should enforce a ..LABEL=OPENCHANGES in GRUB COMMANDs to find "CHANGES" folder.

4. My build is simple: a stupid stupid stupid download of zipped ~.zips and ~.tar.gz to destination chosen by U and the boot
is from USB-HDD or UEFI placed on sdX4 of flash media USB (instead of normal Wary-5.5 boot files originally put on usbflash script).

***** Such an ideotic thing that really works ! no partitionning, no 'SCHMinstall', YUCCCHHHH!!! now let's automate it. *****

5. sdX4 will be flagged as boot but I want to add 'hidden' to it.

6. Since 2 above is a BIIIGGGG one (around 4.7 Gib. before extract) I want a popup to ask fairly for a tiny donation to cover transfer rate only of my open build via paypal or bitcoin. It will be suggested as an option only prior to download start. If downloader chooses not to he/she can skip it to download, no restriction, depends on brandwidth of course. When my monthy allowance ends (about 30% left I stop) I watch donations and order accordingly and a proper popup will tell it.

7. Is it possible in principle to convert script to use natively from Ms' or MAC or other linux or html ? can I get some direction on that please ??

I plan to publish my build prior to Christmas this year. The sooner it takes script changes to accomplish - is better.
Thank you and Shana Tova (happy new year).

Timmo.

This post dedicated to Shim'on Peres 1923-2016 RIP, a young innovator and a GEEK, suddenly passed away in his prime of life.
Attachments
ORIGINALwary-bootflash.tar.gz
(8.05 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Last edited by potchan on Thu 29 Sep 2016, 05:17, edited 16 times in total.

potchan

meantime, please take a look ...

#2 Post by potchan »

Next post we will do it manually from my pages.
It will give a clue why it's much better to have a bootflash automated machine as it matches normal people' whom Linux 'Great-again' communitues sometimes forget a bit. My goal is pushing simplicity an edge ahead, not giving up on updated qualities.
Attachments
sdX1 FAT32.png
(22.01 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
GParted view.png
(31.85 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
asX2 ext4 for 'CHANGES'.png
(12.67 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
BASE - essential!.png
(22.6 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
SIDE - recommended.png
(19.34 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
LAB [NERDS! optional].png
(21.12 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
OUTS [for seder in the balagan].png
(15.86 KiB) Downloaded 332 times

potchan

Believe it or not - I can manage with current structure ...

#3 Post by potchan »

The changes I need are: downloading my boot content from website into ... sdX4, and zip-then-Xtracted content from website to -

"C:\" "D:\" (faster use) and / or sdX1 at choice.

My wish for such script adopted to HTML / other OS environments, that wish remains, even essential and makes the whole difference.

Linux can be MOST DRINKABLE EVER THIS WAY. :P

potchan

[SOLVED!] Puppy session on potchan

#4 Post by potchan »

Hi all, http://potchan.org OpenEdition gives you a taste of potchan on your PC. No ISO, NO LINUX PARTITION. You linux Dudes and Duddettes can add two entries to existing GRUB. !st. for the taste, 2.nd for the make of a potchan OpenEdition on 16G. USB. Here is the screenshot and we're trying simplifying it more. Enjoy the taste and the real USB in your keyholder.
Attachments
3.jpg
(150.12 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
4b._Session_from_2nd._entry_on_your_taste_boot_menu_(puppylinux).png
(186.21 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Timmo', the potchan (=opener) team at - [url]http://potchan.org[/url]. Taste it, love it, code in it.