Firefox-62.0.2

Using applications, configuring, problems
pagestep007

Firefox-62.0.2

#1 Post by pagestep007 »

Hi,
I am trying to install Firefox-62.0.2. Got onto tracking down dependencies , but finally stalled with :

# ./firefox
XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /opt/firefox62/libmozgtk.so:
/usr/lib/libatspi.so.0: undefined symbol: g_type_class_adjust_private_offset
Couldnt: No such file or directory

any clues?

mikeslr

#2 Post by mikeslr »

What Puppy?

And how are you trying to install Firefox-62.0.2?

The easiest way to install firefox is to use the one from here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 010#978010. See there for instruction regarding how to update, which it will do to the latest version.

If you tried any other firefox, uninstall it before using the one above.

By the way, it's portable. You can choose to extract it to your /opt folder. I run it from /mnt/home so that it doesn't take up any "Puppy Space".

You start it by left-clicking the "ff" script which you'll find after you've extracted the package. Drag the "ff" script to your desktop (optionally give that an icon) for ease of access. Elsewhere you'll find instructions for adding firefox to your Menu.

Mike Walsh

#3 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ Mike:-

I think, from what I remember from the Cinelerra thread, that it's probably Slacko 570. IIRC, that is.....unless pagestep007 is trying a new Puppy out by this time.

One way or another, we still need to know. And, BTW; I agree. Fred really has made installing Quantum so much easier with that portable of his. I have it running in every Pup in the kennels.! :D

T'other Mike. :wink:

mikeslr

may be gtk3 needed & menu for Quantum

#4 Post by mikeslr »

Hi 'tother' Mike,

If pagestep007 is running Slacko 5.7 (or any variation) (s)he'll need to load the gtk3.sfs fred linked to on the firefox quantum thread. [Or install the gtk3 "precise" pet you build from here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z9p65cgf9 ... recise.pet].

I see fred's been busy since the last time I looked at the start of the firefox quantum portable thread, Not only has he created and added a link to the gtk3 sfs, he's created and added a link to a pet that will create a menu entry.

pagestep007

Firefox-62.0.2

#5 Post by pagestep007 »

Thanks Mike and Mike.

Sorry, I did forget to say which puppy I am using. Yes, still slacko 5.7.

I had tried the quantum 60 before with no success , So I was trying to compile the 62 version.(my success rate is improving with compiling :) ) So I took your advice and installed all the quantum 60 things, Deleted the version 45 that was working on the system, but when the quantum 60 finally opened up, it defaulted back to the 45 version even though I thought I got rid of it. So I cleaned out any reference to it that I could find, re-did the quantum combo, and it worked... except no audio. (At least I have access to email again.) The 'apulse' seems to be there. Maybe it needs configuring for this system? Not sure how to do that though.

The updater then updated to version 62. but still no audio.

By the way mikeslr, I did manage to get cinelerra-CV 2.3 going in the end, by scavenging dependencies as they popped up in the terminal as missing. It is faster than previous versions. Its a keeper.

Everyone can relax, I will upgrade puppy versions as I get time to go through the processes of tracking down dependencies etc. It's just that for now, the system I have running is doing a good job. Really, I am a total fan of Puppy. :) and I have great respect for the gurus here, and am grateful for your help.

pagestep007

Firefox-62.0.2

#6 Post by pagestep007 »

Hi. Update: I used the quantum 60 version of Firefox for checking email, without audio, and went back to my working version 45 for general surfing with audio. But this morning , firefox did an update to version 63, and I now have audio...I think. Yay. Thanks for your help. :)