Need devx file for Lina-lite 005 (Carolina build)

Miscellaneous tools
linuxnovo

Need devx file for Lina-lite 005 (Carolina build)

#1 Post by linuxnovo »

Guys I know we are going back a few years....but do need a devx file for the Carolina build: Lina-lite 005. The links in this forum no longer work. I know some things are old on it, but it is a sweet thing really. I want to compile some stuff so the devx is what I need. It seems that the Carolina devx might work???????? Thanks for your search

Mike Walsh

#2 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ linuxnovo:-

AFAIK, the devx is always specific to the kernel. Just out of curiosity, what kernel d'you have there? Lina-lite's a bit before my time...

Maybe this page at archive.org might be of some use?

https://archive.org/download/Puppy_Linux_Devx

Mike. :wink:

smokey01

Re: Need devx file

#3 Post by smokey01 »

linuxnovo wrote:Guys I know we are going back a few years....but do need a devx file for the Carolina build: Lina-lite 005. The links in this forum no longer work. I know some things are old on it, but it is a sweet thing really. I want to compile some stuff so the devx is what I need. It seems that the Carolina devx might work???????? Thanks for your search
Here it is: http://smokey01.com/carolina/devx/devx_lina_005.sfs

mostly_lurking

#4 Post by mostly_lurking »

Mike Walsh wrote:AFAIK, the devx is always specific to the kernel.
There seems to be some "wiggle room". For example, the devx for my current Puppy, Wary 5.1.2, seems to have disappeared completely - I couldn't find it anywhere. But I found that those from other Wary 5.1.x versions (which have different kernels) work with this system, too. I think they all have the same glibc; that's probably a more important factor than the kernel version. Of course, if linuxnovo wanted to compile something that's kernel-specific, the proper kernel source package for Lina-lite 005 would be needed.

rockedge

#5 Post by rockedge »

the devx is not kernel dependent. most devx's will work across a whole series of puppies. I can use the same Tahr devx on a tahrpup that uses either the 3.14 or a 4.17.9 kernel...for example.

Mike Walsh

#6 Post by Mike Walsh »

Thanks for the info, rockedge. That's something I've learnt today..!

Mike. :wink:

linuxnovo

#7 Post by linuxnovo »

Thanks for the advice. Found what I wanted in Archive.org/download/puppy-linux devx Thanks again