How to connect with Huawei E3372 USB modem?

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of networking hardware.
nick21

How to connect with Huawei E3372 USB modem?

#1 Post by nick21 »

Hello,

I have a Huawei E3372 stick usb modem in Orange and I can't connect on the internet. My usb stick modem work very well if i plug it into my D-Link router (eth0), but don't work if i plug it directly into my laptop. Because I will need my laptop at school, my usb stick modem must work on internet without router, I must plug it directly into my laptop.

I plug into my laptop usb stick modem and test it with "lsusb" command and my system can see it : "ID 12d1:14fe Huawei Technologies co., LTD modem"

I try to connect it on internet, but without any success. On "dialup analog or wireless modem" box press "choose" and "Test" button but my system can't see usb modem stick even if I plug it in my laptop until I restart my system.

Please, can somebody help me step by step what can I do to connect my laptop on internet with my Usb stick modem without router?

-Usb stick modem Huawei E3372 / Orange 4G prepay
-laptop Aspire E15, i5-7200U 2.5GHz---3.1GHz, USB 3.1, 8GB DDR4
-Quirky Xerus64 operation system.

Thank you very much.

ITSMERSH

#2 Post by ITSMERSH »

You'll probably need to install usb-modeswitch package and libpipeline. This has worked for me in all Puppies beyond tahr.

nick21

#3 Post by nick21 »

I search but both drivers already were installed by system, and I can't install over again, a think there is a solution!

zagreb999

#4 Post by zagreb999 »

this one works
pupjibaro_jessie_B3_synaptic_k-4.5.1-pae-08072016.iso

and this one
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... ce4bfa4fdb

nick21

#5 Post by nick21 »

Hy zagreb999,

I can't understand your post,
where is this "pupjibaro_jessie_B3_synaptic_k-4.5.1-pae-08072016.iso" and how can I install it? I can install every think from ubuntu repositories, give me the name of package and I'll install it if I find it with "search" on repositories.

About your "experimental 1.3 GB ISO" I did understand nothing.

I hope that my problem is moor simpler and I must not install nothing.

bigpup

#6 Post by bigpup »

See if this info helps you.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 421#747421
There is more info in this topic, but this seemed to be the post to start with.

Be careful to follow steps exactly as stated!
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

ITSMERSH

#7 Post by ITSMERSH »

nick21 wrote:I search but both drivers already were installed by system, and I can't install over again, a think there is a solution!
Sorry, seems I just missed one info: Quirky Xerus64 operation system

Could be a little different to Puppy.

However, if usb-modeswitch and libpipeline was already installed, you should have a program called pgprs-connect and/or frisbee to connect to the web. If the modem is NOT recognized in pgprs-setup and/or frisbee then there's something wrong with the installed usb-modeswitch.

I had this problem in all Puppies above tahr and installing usb-modeswitch and libpipeline from ubuntu repository fixed it in all cases. Probably trying to uninstall the installed version first. And after uninstalling trying to install the versions from ubuntu repository.