Install a new hard disk with Pupjibaro Jessie

oui

Install a new hard disk with Pupjibaro Jessie

#1 Post by oui »

The main job:

I wish to transfer my data from an old to a new hard disk (exactly the same, 3/4 TB, half full) with a 64 GB usb stick in 6 or 7 steps ore more, each step with:

enter Pupjibaro live from RAM, full fill the stick SECURE but MOVING the data (to have an overview what is already moved at the next steps)

shut down,

interchange the hard disk,

copy the each part of data on the new hard disk!

Check if they are identical on both stick and new data

After that, next step.

What is in your opinion the most secure way in Pupjibaro Jessie?

Requirement:

ALL (including symbolic links) files
have to be moved without any change!

The preparation for above jobs before to do the first step:

What is the best way to prepare the new hard disk fully fresh (it was already used, but I don't know how!)?

josejp2424

clonar

#2 Post by josejp2424 »

hola oui , no te convendria clonar el disco duro, y crearias una imagen iso.

wow

#3 Post by wow »

oui

#4 Post by oui »

Tank you! Great!

What I miss now is an other think: A real Jessie-Puppy.

What is real?

Real is:

All tbe goodies (JWM, Rox-filer working exactly as usual, didiwiki, one of the taditional browsers of Puppy being espec. Seamonkey, ppm)

and more (can be all like palemoon, lxqt, lxde, synaptic etc.)

Why?

Because the own extensions from user often need that stuff and crash if that environment is not available...

Almost incredible:

The great version of Debian 8 Jessie did not have ONE normal Puppy derivate both in 32 and 64 bit :oops: .

But it is the only one version of a version started 2013 where today binaries are yet all accessible and live time also on 13 DVD's from Debian Shop :idea: . After some short or only middle time all other distributions into the trashcan, especially Ubuntu Versions because it became difficult to add stuff only using sources (the long time accompaniment for Ubuntu are only sources, and probably only for a small part of the scope of binaries, nothing with binaries :evil: .

Pupjibaro was so good: it did stay alone since available, but is not a classic version, and can only be used as it is (32 bit, without complete Puppy settings for Rox).

And I don't no if it would easily permit to use the collection of the 13 Debian -Jessie-DVD's with adequate changes in /etc/apt/ :?: :idea:

Kind regards