thirty gigs of stuff...

For groups of packages that don't all fall under the same category
Puppus Dogfellow

#161 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

musher0 wrote:Thanks, Puppus D.
no, thank YOU, musher. it's a great audioplayer--sound quality is excellent and tabs of playlists are a great convenience. that said, and maybe i should stop here since 666philb's up to Xenial_7.5 and i'm still using 704-32, but here's a possibly useless bug report you may choose to ignore: hitting the settings button crashes my computer abruptly, and closing the interface from anything other than the taskbar icon results in being largely locked out of the desktop (this last one had a workaround that's not too readily apparent--keyboard shortcuts still worked so MochiMopel's Winswtitcher allowed me to "quit" it, and alt plus one (my custom root 1 menu) got me lxtask, which allowed me to kill the process. since not every pup has those things, and not everyone knows wmctrl syntax or to look it up online on another machine, i guess that's more or less a report of a roundabout or delayed crash (but someone with a terminal keyboard shortcut and the right knowledge could prevent it).

sound quality really is excellent though, and i could live with those bugs on this set up as yours is the only audio player that both plays everything i've thrown at it and doesn't suffer the more serious bug of just eating the swap file and crashing the machine with no remedy i can see (vlc, smplayer do this, neither my audacious or deadbeef play everything...---yours is the best!)

thanks again, musher0.

musher0

#162 Post by musher0 »

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
musher0 wrote:Thanks, Puppus D.
no, thank YOU, musher. it's a great audioplayer--sound quality is excellent and tabs of playlists are a great convenience. that said, and maybe i should stop here since 666philb's up to Xenial_7.5 and i'm still using 704-32, but here's a possibly useless bug report you may choose to ignore: hitting the settings button crashes my computer abruptly, and closing the interface from anything other than the taskbar icon results in being largely locked out of the desktop (this last one had a workaround that's not too readily apparent--keyboard shortcuts still worked so MochiMopel's Winswtitcher allowed me to "quit" it, and alt plus one (my custom root 1 menu) got me lxtask, which allowed me to kill the process. since not every pup has those things, and not everyone knows wmctrl syntax or to look it up online on another machine, i guess that's more or less a report of a roundabout or delayed crash (but someone with a terminal keyboard shortcut and the right knowledge could prevent it).

sound quality really is excellent though, and i could live with those bugs on this set up as yours is the only audio player that both plays everything i've thrown at it and doesn't suffer the more serious bug of just eating the swap file and crashing the machine with no remedy i can see (vlc, smplayer do this, neither my audacious or deadbeef play everything...---yours is the best!)

thanks again, musher0.
Hi, Puppus.

Thanks for the flowers, and of course they all go to the Aqualung people !

I'll keep the pot, though ;) And I'll try to solve it. (I already know I'm nuts trying to
"solve" a flower pot, so nobody insists, ok!?) :lol:

First of all, this aqualung was compiled on a 32-bit xenialPup, version 7.0.6, with
kernel 4.1.2. And it runs fine on a 7.0.6. According to various proverbs in various
languages, if something can do more, it can do less too. (Not very scientific an
argument, I know!)

The user can quit Aqualung
by right-clicking on the icon in the icon bar and then left-clicking "Quit"
OR
by right-clicking in the middle of the play list and then left-clicking "Quit".

Clicking on the X in the title bar to kill Aqualung does not work, it sends it to the
icon bar -- if it is not already there.

As far as I can tell, there is NO settings button in Aqualung. From right to left,
at bottom right of Aqualung's window, we have buttons for
PL : play list
MS : NOT micro-soft ;) , but Music Selection (your music collection or catalog)
FX : access to the LADSPA filters.
the other buttons are for mixing, randomizing, etc. the items in the play list.

I access Aqualung's settings by right-clicking in the middle of the play list and then
left-clicking on the "preferences" entry (#3 from the bottom). That never played a
funny game on me...

IHTH.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Puppus Dogfellow

#164 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

Puppus Dogfellow

#165 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

pcmanfm-1.3.0 plus deps-571.tar.gz by festus to file managers and viewers

Slacko 5.7.1 woof-CE testing by by Sailor Enceladus; EasyOS Pyro640.9.1 by BarryK to puppy isos

wordprocessor.html by by Puppus Dogfellow to word processing and related

Puppus Dogfellow

#166 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

mm_view_20180519.gz by MochiMoppel to file managers and viewers

X-Slacko Slim 4.4r13 and TazPup Alpha 7 by mistfire; EasyOS Pyro 0.9.1 and Beaver 0.9.2 by BarryK to puppy isos

LibreOffice-6.0.4_en-US_xz.sfs, LibreOffice-6.0.4_en-US_xz.pet, LibreOffice-6.0.4_64_en-US_xz.pet, LibreOffice-6.0.4_64_en-US_xz.sfs; mcbwp.pet and bwp1.4.pet by Puppus Dogfellow to word processing and related

Puppus Dogfellow

#170 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

Puppus Dogfellow

#172 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

PortaBrowseInstall-i386-0.4.pet and palemoon_portainstall-27.9.4SSE-0.4.pet by jrb to browsers, network, internet, games

panelframes-4x9.pet by Puppus Dogfellow to desktop

mm_view_20190702.gz by MochiMoppel to file managers and viewers

frugalpup_13.sfs and frugalpup_13.pet by gyro to Utilities Tools System Libs

rtfed-word-processor.pet by Smithy, jrb, and webmayo; LibreOffice-6.2.5_en-US_xz.sfs, LibreOffice-6.2.5_en-US_xz.pet, LibreOffice-6.2.5_64_en-US_xz.sfs, LibreOffice-6.2.5_64_en-US_xz.pet, micro1.4.1-nuupn32n64.pet by Puppus Dogfellow to word processing and related

Puppus Dogfellow

#173 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

Puppus Dogfellow

#175 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

mikeslr

Thanks

#176 Post by mikeslr »

Thanks, Puppus Dogfellow, for the new version of LibreOffice; and for maintaining your Repo in general.

Puppus Dogfellow

Re: Thanks

#177 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

mikeslr wrote:Thanks, Puppus Dogfellow, for the new version of LibreOffice; and for maintaining your Repo in general.
you're welcome, mike. thanks for mentioning it.

i'm still gathering stuff for the next update (keeping up is sisyphean, but the rock's enjoyable enough if you just roll with it), but you can grab the new libres and easy OSes by using the table of contents links at the top of the thread's pages.

it's really impossible to keep up, so i'm aiming more for useful than complete, and i accept that this repo will always be just a very limited view of what puppy is and can do.

--darren

(but again, thanks for your thanks)

Puppus Dogfellow

#178 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

tallboy

#179 Post by tallboy »

Good work, Puppus Dogfellow. :D
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.

Puppus Dogfellow

#180 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

pdvdrip-0.4b, ffmerge 0.1a, and fftag-1.3 by plinej; videogrep.sh by sc0ttman to audio, graphics, video, studio, QT

EasyOS Buster-64-2.5 by Barry Kauler; Fatdog64-810 by The Fatdog team to puppy isos

LibreOffice-6.4.0_64_en-US_xz.pet, LibreOffice-6.4.0_64_en-US_xz.sfs; microplugins.pet by Puppus Dogfellow to word processing and related