Muse3 sequencer +yoshimi-lv2 +extra sfs---bionicpup64

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Revolverve

Muse3 sequencer +yoshimi-lv2 +extra sfs---bionicpup64

#1 Post by Revolverve »

news:
-mon 2sept. 2019;new pet of Qjackctl 0.5.9 for qt5.9
-21 august 2019;Update sfs with Yoshimi 1.5.10 muse-3.0.2-57.Fx-synth-extra_x64
-15dec2018:
qjackctl-0.5.5-x64_qt5.9.pet
if you cannot live without it(read more below)..for now i wont include it in this sfs and no new dedicate topic on it,but please report problem with this.sfs/qjackctl here .

-8dec 2018:uploaded with few change,need same libs from ppm,read more below.
*rakarrack lv2...standalone still there....
*deteriorate lv2...aint no bad way to make it sound older...or hear it like you will at 80...
*add 2 drum kit samples from hydrogen,usr/share/drumkits .
*few fixes(more todo...but work,some effects =++%cpu)
muse-3.0.2-56.Fx-synth-extra_x64
-----------------------
For and only tested with bionicpup64.
packed muse3,lv2(yoshimi,calf,invada),sooperlooper,rakarrack,+ deps,for fun,call it alpha ...

___User ppm(Puppy package manager) needed dependencies___
this sfs need jackd2>pythondbus,jackd_5.

** note**
- As i usually use qjackctl,i found that muse advanced routing give you all flexibility to connect "external" midi devices,soft synth,sooperlooper,etc. from within itself,making it less qjackctl(gui) dependable,if not completely ,(priority,period,rate,etc) can be change inside muse to please your needs.
Be aware,sooperlooper or rakarrack(standalone) settings if used in your muse project wont be saved with it .
-Rockedge compiled and share audio friendly rt kernel 32 and 64bits rt HERE
Bugs;
-Easystroke users,here wacom pen/fingr multitouch ,you could encounter x related problem with this sfs.
-will add more when found/reported..

Hints:you can read other posts if you find it funny...,but i will resume some found elsewhere and assumed here ,that the reader/user, as my humble self,is are not an expert in jack-audio, muse,midi,linux,etc... :
--please read online manual and video tutorials...there is plenty.
http://muse-sequencer.org/
--from terminal : muse3
-- is muse started with jack ok?
----if not,a warning should display"muse is using portaudio for bla bla..." or"muse is using -a switch ....bla,bla..") .Could happen if audio is or was used by another software(music player,browser"youtube,skype,etc"),restarting muse could solved it,worst case:save your work&restartx...
--years back,jack did not started if input(Mic) was disabled,seems fix now,put that in your "check list" for jack start possible solution.
--mhwaveedit included in bionicpup64 can be use as external audio editor from within muse wave track edit choosing edit/edit in External Audio Editor if setup up as so in Muse Setting/Global Settings/Audio/External Waveditor~replace sweep "default"(not included&old anyway.)

(old---muse-3.0.2-51.Fx-synth-extra_x64.sfs)

(for more muse2.sfs oldies and a few note)

------------
Why muse?,why not ardour-lmms..?
-i like it...
-integrated synths ,lv2 synth & effects settings save with each song ,no fuss.
-sequencer and multitrack audio recording,as much as your cpu/ram can handle-
--minus the "native ardour like" complex audio editing ---
-all you can dream audio/midi input/output routing
-ok latency (moderate fx\synth\audio) on non rt kernel
why yoshimi-lv2?
-cannot get zynadd lv2 or dssi to work properly..
What about vst?---edit---
-sorry no vst support.I dont use vst ,but some does look and sound great!!
you can add it(dssi,dssi-vst,wine++),i wont.
Why sooperlooper?
-its fun and works...
Why not guitarix?
-as there are plenty of effects included in that sfs,rakarrack is already luxury..and not speaking of our favorites good old foot sound tweaking hardware...
Why this topic is not a muse tutorial?
hmmmm...read between the lines...
my 2 cents....

Will edit this first post for news about that sfs or workaround for it.
Last edited by Revolverve on Mon 02 Sep 2019, 14:01, edited 17 times in total.
[url=https://www.mira.ca/en/donate]Help mira.ca[/url]

Revolverve

#2 Post by Revolverve »

testing James fatdog 4.4.52-rt63 ,muse3 idling at 2% cpu vs 12% with bionicpup64 stock kernel...
be prepare for bugs...here i915 freaks out some fifo complains..
still interesting result if it "fit" your hardware in need of power for demanding audio project.
4.4.52-rt63

puppy is so fun/easy to use once you get it!!
like all os...its messable...but so much faster on the recovery side..
so,backup your savefolder/file.

ITSMERSH

#3 Post by ITSMERSH »

Hi revolvere.

I downloaded your SFS and was doing some testings with it.

Couldn't get MusE 3 connected with my USB MIDI Keyboards, since there's no JACK Control installed. Also I found MusE always a bit complicated when it comes to connect it with Hydrogen, ZynAddSubFx and my Keyboards.

I removed MusE 3 from the SFS, downloaded a few Programs I'm familiar with, like Qtractor, Rosegarden, Drumkv1 (could net get Hydrogen to work), ZynAddSubFx plus some music tools for console like id3v2 mp3tool etc.pp and added those Programs to the SFS.

I "fixed" the problem of directory /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu which is a symbolic link in Puppy pointing to ./ but in your SFS it's a true directory, so this conflicts with Puppy.

The your SFS saved me from downloading lots of stuff and work to do, so by now I got a very nice Audio Studio in BionicPup64 with almost all of my preferred Music Programs for a daily use.

Being prepared now for the Future... :wink:

Thanks! :D

Revolverve

#4 Post by Revolverve »

ITSMERSH wrote:Hi revolvere.

I downloaded your SFS and was doing some testings with it.

Couldn't get MusE 3 connected with my USB MIDI Keyboards, since there's no
...yes..x86_64-linux-gnu...
The your SFS saved me from downloading lots of stuff and work to do, so by now I got a very nice Audio Studio in BionicPup64 with almost all of my preferred Music Programs for a daily use.

Being prepared now for the Future... :wink:

Thanks! :D
Your welcome ITSMERSH,

Twist,dissect,copy,paste,edit,rename to your taste...its just packed binaries..

Yet no midi test,lets kick in my smallest device, a uma25s usb keyboard...work here...
i wrote about straightforward muse 3(should check,maybe 2 also) "advanced routing" where you should see all your plugged midi/audio-in/out-hardware and software.see pic.
edit:
topic is not intended to be a muse3 tutorial,please look online,but, to help about midi devices routing:
- once a midi (1-16 or all channels !)devices is route to a track(s) and that track(s) got a synth assigned to it(if its the purpose..),muse will receive midi data only when the track(s,as many as needed) is set to record(R blue button/inactive to red/active) on track(s) main muse(arranger) window.
Attachments
Screenshot(3).png
(85.17 KiB) Downloaded 641 times
Last edited by Revolverve on Sun 02 Dec 2018, 22:53, edited 2 times in total.

ITSMERSH

#5 Post by ITSMERSH »

Thanks revolvere.

I could NOT find those Setting GUIs displayed in the screenshots above.

I made a standalone SFS for MusE 3, so I can load it immediately.

How/where to find those settings?

Revolverve

#6 Post by Revolverve »

ITSMERSH wrote:Thanks revolvere.

I could NOT find those Setting GUIs displayed in the screenshots above.

I made a standalone SFS for MusE 3, so I can load it immediately.

How/where to find those settings?
hi ITSMERSH
i've edit the post with the pic with 1 hint.
---click the green arrow,a menu will show..
Attachments
Screenshot(8).png
(3.06 KiB) Downloaded 586 times
Last edited by Revolverve on Mon 03 Dec 2018, 03:15, edited 1 time in total.

ITSMERSH

#7 Post by ITSMERSH »

Yes, it was already edited before I made my post.

Sorry, did not want to hijack this post for my MusE 3 questions.

However: there's too may arrows to click on (in the screenshot) and if I don't find that GUI displayed in the screenshot I will NOT have any arrows to click on. ;)

Just a little hint like Menu --> Edit --> XXX would have be enough to satisfy me - instead of kidding me with arrows and hints of this being NOT a MusE 3 topic.

This was not very helpful!

Never mind...

Revolverve

#8 Post by Revolverve »

ITSMERSH,no problem at all..

I will test your fixed sfs.
Post a link please

ITSMERSH

#9 Post by ITSMERSH »

Revolverve wrote:ITSMERSH,no problem at all..

I will test your fixed sfs.
Post a link please
No link available, since it isn't uploaded to the web.

So, how do I get access to that Routing GUI ???

Revolverve

#10 Post by Revolverve »

ITSMERSH wrote: So, how do I get access to that Routing GUI ???
oh,the gui,yes,but a safety warning ;
objects in mirror are closer than they appear..
no offence...seriously..could not resist..
scroll up to it ;) i posted it earlier .

ITSMERSH

#11 Post by ITSMERSH »

Sorry, but I don't get it.

I'm wasting my time.

English is not my native language.

Keep it as classified and stay happy with that! :lol:

Revolverve

#12 Post by Revolverve »

ITSMERSH
sorry,i am french,hope google translation is ok..
Klicken Sie auf das grüne Pfeil-Hauptfenster(on main muse arranger window)., um ein Menü anzuzeigen,

lets keep it peaceful

ITSMERSH

#13 Post by ITSMERSH »

Revolverve wrote:ITSMERSH
sorry,i am french,hope google translation is ok..
Klicken Sie auf das grüne Pfeil-Hauptfenster(on main muse arranger window)., um ein Menü anzuzeigen,

lets keep it peaceful
I am! :wink:

I have some good news on the JACK issue.

I downloaded a pre-compiled 64bit binary of Cadence from KXStudio web page.
After the first attempt to run Cadence, it complained a missing qt4 library.
Exactly: libQtSvg.so.4
I downloaded the libqt4-svg_4.8.7+dfsg-7ubuntu1_amd64.deb and after installing Cadence started.

Starting JACK failed at the first attempt.
After setting up / configuring Cadence, I forced a restart and JACK started immediately.

After installing libqt4-xml_4.8.7+dfsg-7ubuntu1_amd64.deb, I could get also Catarina and Catia to run.
Claudia won't caused by some python stuff.

Cadence-Render, Cadence-XYController and Cadence-JackMeter runs also.

So, if nothing will go wrong within the next days of my testings,
it could be possible that we have a solution to run JACK without the need of QjackCtl.

Since the connections can be done and stored in Qtractor, MusE, Rosegarden etc., it's a good first step I think...

Btw: I have noticed on some of these QT programs like QJackCtl, QSynth a freeze of the whole system when trying to run them.
This doesn't happen in BionicDog, where I have QJackCtl AND QSynth installed, running and working without any issues.

The main difference between Puppy and Dog is the handling of i386-linux-gnu (32bit) and the x86_64-linux-gnu (64Bit) directories.
Symbolic Link (Puppy) versus Directory (Dog).

Luckily Strg-Alt-Backspace remained to work though.

ITSMERSH

Take That!

#14 Post by ITSMERSH »

Take that! :D

:lol:

:wink:

QJackCtl, Qtractor, Rosegarden, Hydrogen, ZynAddSubFx, MusE, Drumkv1, QSynth, Jack Mixer, Audacity running in BionicPup64.

There's some more programs loaded via .sfs modules that wouldn't fit on the screen anywhere, like: Samplv1, Synthv1, Ardour5, the Cadence Programs, AmSynth, ALSA Modular Synth, ALSA Player, Kid3, Yoshimi.

I'll stay on the job to continue to increase them in their numbers...

At the moment I'm at 194 MB, but that's without program's data like the drumkits for hydrogen, sound banks for zynaddsubfx, DSSI & LV2 & LADSPA plugins etc.
Attachments
capture29881-800.jpg
(133.39 KiB) Downloaded 576 times
capture29881.jpg
(246.58 KiB) Downloaded 306 times

ITSMERSH

#15 Post by ITSMERSH »

Just for your interest...

BionicPup64 7.9.6 with working:

- Kdenlive 17.12.3
- Openshot 2.4.1

Both are loaded from .sfs Modules:

- LP5_KdenLive-17.12.3-bionic64.sfs
- LP5_Openshot-2.4.1-bionic64.sfs
Attachments
BionicPup64-Kdenlive17123-Openshot241.jpg
(105.3 KiB) Downloaded 559 times

Revolverve

#16 Post by Revolverve »

ITSMERSH
I tried to keep it qt5 based ..for that sfs.Only a basic midi/audio/short&sweet usable pack,no pretention of a full blasted studio production system...go for it !
Oh,should add please share to Twist,dissect,copy,paste,edit,rename to your taste.. Image
-Yes,qjackctl freezing..was almost tempted to compile it,i should ask rncbc if he could make a qt5.9 portable app of latest qjackctl ,his is qt5.11 build now,but i can live with muse routing.

mach weiter so, mein bruder

ITSMERSH

#17 Post by ITSMERSH »

Hi Revolverve.

I'm just checking out of what seems to be possible. Of course, a small setup for doing some music is all what's needed, though there's one issue on the your current setup.

I'm not that much experienced in doing music under Linux, so how do you render/mixdown the recorded music (audio AND midi), if there's no QJackCtl and no JACK Mixer?

I'm doing this by the use of JACK Mixer (connect all the programs to) and the recording into Audacity (recorded from JACK Mixer main outputs).

Without QJackCtl there seems to be no way to get the programs connected to JACK mixer (Audacity can choose to record from it).

Revolverve

#18 Post by Revolverve »

ITSMERSH wrote:Hi Revolverve.

I'm just checking out of what seems to be possible. Of course, a small setup for doing some music is all what's needed, though there's one issue on the your current setup.

I'm not that much experienced in doing music under Linux, so how do you render/mixdown the recorded music (audio AND midi), if there's no QJackCtl and no JACK Mixer?

I'm doing this by the use of JACK Mixer (connect all the programs to) and the recording into Audacity (recorded from JACK Mixer main outputs).

Without QJackCtl there seems to be no way to get the programs connected to JACK mixer (Audacity can choose to record from it).
Uploading Studio2go to give it a shot..

Audacity for? audio editing(splice/cut/paste,effects?)?
Remastering?hmmm..midi? you mean routing whatever number of recorded audio-tracks &/or midi/tracks>soft synth outputs to ,say, 1 new(stereo,final master tracks) from within muse alone ?
...is it not simple as:
do exactly as you would with ardour ..
routing is all you need,
by the way, an audio track in muse is call a wave track...

ITSMERSH

#19 Post by ITSMERSH »

Uploading Studio2go to give it a shot..
Here's the very first version of Studio2Go - the only one I'd published. All my up to date versions are remastered into DE.
Audacity for? audio editing(splice/cut/paste,effects?)?
Remastering?hmmm..midi? you mean routing whatever number of recorded audio-tracks &/or midi/tracks>soft synth outputs to ,say, 1 new(stereo,final master tracks) from within muse alone ?
Yes. Mixing all recorded Audio and MIDI tracks down to a stereo track.

Ok, for the audio tracks alone, probably MusE could do it itself.
Ok, if ZynAddSubFx or even Yoshimi is the software synthesizer they can do it by themselves, since they have a record button to record its output directly.
After this one could use Audacity to mix down the two stereo tracks into a single one.

But that is three steps and would take two times as long as the song is, to get the song into a stereo track.

By the use of QJackCtl and JACK Mixer it's just a single task.

I haven't yet used the Cadence-Render program, so can't say anything about if and how it would work.

Revolverve

#20 Post by Revolverve »

ITSMERSH wrote:
Ok, if ZynAddSubFx or even Yoshimi is the software synthesizer they can do it by themselves, since they have a record button to record its output directly.
After this one could use Audacity to mix down the two stereo tracks into a single one.
Cadence-Render program, so can't say anything about if and how it would work.
Beauty of ardour ,qtractor,name it,muse sequencer with lv2,dssi,vst, is that every synths configurations is saved within a "project(song)",no need for "outside save your synth setup" addon(lash,cadence,etc).

For your midi thing,i dont get it, a midi track get assigned (midi-data) to a synth (audio-data)who's output goes to whatever input you choose you goes to whatever output you choose...routing bruder,no need for synth self capability to record by itself.

Yes ,tested studio2go,nice work.A lot in there & fancy fonts.
But it does remember me that i dont miss those days before lv2 dssi vst , struggling with lash(ladish) to save configuration for each song... which can all be done now single shot in ardour(if you get use to it),or muse(same..and if you can live with its "candy/toy looking interface",my opinion...).

note: did not test vst yet on my muse3 sfs...not shure its support may need something not included.I try not to use vst ,but some does look and sound great!! report welcome if someone to it before i do!!!

Have a good one bruder.this is fun but i got to work....sadly,not making music,but i'll try to keep the hammer in the beat...