Gnumeric causes X server to crash Slacko64 6.3.2

Using applications, configuring, problems
RickGT351

Gnumeric causes X server to crash Slacko64 6.3.2

#1 Post by RickGT351 »

I have had several instances of the Gnumeric that came with Slacko64 6.3.2 causing X to crash, particularly when trying to enter a formula.
The notes for Slacko acknowledge this problem and suggest either installing Libre-office or an updated version of Gnumeric from the sfs repository. Did that and Gnumeric still caused X to crash.
Found an updated version of Gnumeric in Puppy Package manager, installed it only to find 2 required libraries; libpython2.7.so.1.0 and libgoffice-0.10 were required.
Solved the lack of no 2 by installing the devx sfs.
Now here's the fun part; after a search, I found libgoffice-0.10 could be downloaded from here. Downloaded it and followed the instruction to

Code: Select all

./configure --prefix=/usr &&
> make
I then got the message

configure: error: Your intltool is too old.  You need intltool 0.35.0 or later.
Found that and downloaded it.
Tried make install to install it but got told that make was not a valid bash command. Tried

./configure --prefix=/usr && make
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool
I checked and Perl is installed
Is there a way out or should I just install libre-office and give gnumeric the heave-ho?
Edit: I ended up giving up in disgust and installing Libre Office however if anyone has a solution, it would be useful for anyone else who has the same problem
Last edited by RickGT351 on Thu 13 Dec 2018, 13:24, edited 2 times in total.

RickGT351

#2 Post by RickGT351 »

RickGT351

#3 Post by RickGT351 »

Update: I just downloaded and installed the latest Slacko64. Gnumeric has been fixed and no longer causes X to crash.
Thanks to the Slacko team