BP7.9.8 Ace-of-Penguins

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
butchydave

BP7.9.8 Ace-of-Penguins

#1 Post by butchydave »

This is the first real trial of a 64bit pup for me. Really liking it so far. Thanks so much for another fine addition to the kennel. So, installed all my normal 32bit and wine programs.All work except for one. This is the only pup it failed to install on in all the pups i've ever tried... Could one of you please try the pet and tell me how to fix it. My morning cup of coffee will never be the same without Ace-Spider...
Thanks. by the way, the only way to spider normally is via usr/bin. It has never shown in the menu or applicatons. :cry:
If it can't be fixed...might have to start drinking tea. That would be like a prison sentence.. :lol:
Thanks again.
HELP!!

rcrsn51

Re: BP7.9.8 Ace-of-Penguins

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

butchydave wrote:This is the first real trial of a 64bit pup for me.
You should have posted this in the thread of the Puppy to which you refer.

I'm guessing that it's BIonicPup64.

666philb

#3 Post by 666philb »

butchydave

ace-of-penguins is in the package manager .... type ace into the search box
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

butchydave

BP7.9.8 Ace-of-Penguins

#4 Post by butchydave »

First of all, sorry for posting in wrong area. 2nd, Flash please move to appropiate thread if nec. Third- Hooray!! Thanks so much! Coffee only! guess I'll have to start using pkg manager instead of only relying on years of downloaded pets and sfs files. Fourth?? the bonus, Spider now shows in the menu.
again thanks so much for an excellent O.S. :D

rockedge

#5 Post by rockedge »

agree...outstanding OS

I've gone on a compiling spree.....and suddenly I have 8 versions of this OS on the hard drive...just like that. "awesome" is not descriptive enough

Thank you