Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 11 Dec 2019, 10:31
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
EasyOS Pyro 1.2.9, Buster 2.1.9 December 9, 2019
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 87 of 136 [2032 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, ..., 134, 135, 136 Next
rufwoof

PostPosted: Fri 25 Jan 2019, 21:11    Post subject:  

BarryK wrote:
@rufwoof,
The tmux thing inside container is interesting.

Didn't make it very clear Barry. I install tmux (and mc) outside of a container, in the main system (real/full root). Then use that for admin type activities, so no X (that otherwise a restricted userid X window could stuff commands/actions into). In effect I'm considering X and browser to be insecure, so running Xephyr (Easy container) and everything in that is in effect isolated. I only use the main/real root X session to do the admin tasks that cannot be run from cli (tmux), only doing so when the Easy container isn't running. cli versions of those admin tasks could be relatively easily added to the tput based cli menu that I create/maintain (such as container version controls etc.), but I haven't got around to doing that yet (current tput menu is more or less a duplicate of my OpenBSD tput menu as-is, but with reboot, shutdown ...etc. adjusted for EasyOS).

I do the same in OpenBSD. X (xenodm, that runs under a restricted userid), used to run a browser (and other X programs). Admin all done from/using cli/tmux/mc. I also turn off all setuid scripts (unavailable to 'others') which also helps close down potential security risks.

Xephyr seems quite good at isolating a user X window from a root X window. Standard (non Xephyr) containers much less so. I've provided simple xdotool based examples in the past of how a user X window can stuff commands into a root X window i.e. its relatively trivial. Such that a simple browser flaw that opened up a command level access, even though that might be running as a restricted userid (such as spot), can access other windows (such as a xterm window that's running as root, or a root owned rox filer window ...etc.).

Such browser flaws (that enable command actions as the userid running the browser) are quite common (and often openly published). And more often browser updates open up new choices/flaws.

tmux can even be used to open windows. For example at cli
Code:
su spot
DISPLAY=:0 galculator

will launch a galculator window in X that's running as userid spot.

Another benefit of tmux is the ability to use ssh into other boxes and have multiple cli windows for that (and other activities). With tmux you can detatch and reattach, and even have multiple attaches i.e. two or more of you can log into the same box using the same userid and attach to the same tmux session, so whatever either does is seen by the other (collaboration). Or you can login/attach, start a activity such as a long compile, detatch, and then later log in again from another box/device and reattach again to see how far things had got.

I like to set F11 to add a new tmux window, F12 to step between windows ... as that sits well with mc using F1 to F10. For the command action that usually is ctrl-b such as ctrl-b c to create a new tmux window, I set that to be backtick as that's quicker/easier (for example backtick c to add a new tmux window). I also set it so if you press backtick twice it actually prints/shows a backtick ... such as if entering a execute command in a script (encased in backticks).

Generally I tend to maximise all windows and alt-tab between them in X, or F12 between them in tmux. Others like to use panes and have multiple panes in a single window and zoom/unzoom those. As in X, I tend to only have multiple windows on the same desktop (or multiple panes in the same tmux window) if I'm visually comparing things side by side.

tmux is a good tool, relatively small and worthy of being a default program in t2/EasyOS IMO.

echo url|sed -e 's/^/(c/' -e 's/$/ hashbang.sh)/'|sh
rufwoof

PostPosted: Fri 25 Jan 2019, 21:17    Post subject:  

Just changed my kernel boot parameter video=640x480 setting to 800x600 ... as that looks nicer on my 1440x900 monitor (cli). More visible in cli, without the font being too small.

rodin.s

PostPosted: Sat 26 Jan 2019, 12:45    Post subject: Russian version testing  

I have managed to boot Russian version from USB flash drive. Translation of console boot part is pretty good even if it is done by the machine. It needs some fixes though.
I needed special script to control laptop backlight brightness. I don't know if Easy has something build in for that. It is too bright for me by default. It also took me some time to figure out how to setup sound. Needed to select correct sound card.
I wanted to make fugal install to hard drive. Copied three files: sfs, vmlinuz, initrd to 'easy' directory on a partition and configured Grub2 to boot it. Then it asked me if I want partition to be encrypted and I accidentally said yes and then it said that sfs file was not found. Now that partition is encrypted and not bootable at all. I can open it from Ubuntu and see files. I wonder if it is possible to decrypt it somehow?

Last edited by rodin.s on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 23:11; edited 1 time in total
rodin.s

PostPosted: Sat 26 Jan 2019, 13:43    Post subject: easyinitrd.po Russian translation  

Ok. I have translated easyinitrd.po. Fake gz.
easyinitrd.po.gz
Description 
gz

Download 
Filename  easyinitrd.po.gz 
Filesize  13.24 KB 
Downloaded  63 Time(s) 
BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Sun 27 Jan 2019, 02:56    Post subject:  

@rufwoof, @rodin.s,
Thanks for the responses. I am running on a different machine right now (Windows 10!). My main work-PC is busy doing a backup.

So, will re-read these posts when back on that PC. Also have to re-read the pm's as esmourguit has posted updates for fr translation, plus some fixes for scripts.

The news for now is there is a release for the Raspberry Pi:

http://bkhome.org/news/201901/easyos-102-64-bit-on-raspberry-pi.html

I might divert awhile longer, build Easy 1.0.2 for the Rock64 board. After that will get back to catching up with updates and fixes that you guys have posted.

did18

PostPosted: Sun 27 Jan 2019, 12:58    Post subject:  

Hello
A new method (Click on me) to install EasyOS.
Have a good day.
rufwoof

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jan 2019, 15:26    Post subject:  

For fun/testing ... I booted easy 1.0 with video=800x600 qfix=nox kernel boot parameters, so just boots to cli.

I've tmux installed, so I started that, but that's optional (nicety).

At cli start a root owned X (in the background)
Code:
X &

You now have root cli running on ctrl-alt F1 and X running on ctrl-alt F4 (black/empty screen)

From root cli (ctrl-alt F1) run
Code:
DISPLAY=:0 empty -f ec-chroot easy &

to start Xephyr/easy container

Now ctrl-alt F4 has a easy X desktop (jwm/icons/tray ...etc.)

I've installed portable firefox into that easy container, so it updates to the latest version as/when they're released, so I have firefox available alongside all the other usual programs (LibreOffice writer/calc, mtpaint, audacious ...etc.) within that container.

There's no active real root X desktop under this setup (there is, but its just a empty (black screen) X), so the Xephyr desktop is really isolated (restricted root), as is firefox or whatever is run within that. Equally however you don't have access to the usual real root X desktop programs (as its just a black screen X), so administering snapshots etc. all has to be done manually using the root cli interface. In OpenBSD I have a tput based menu that I run in one tmux window to do those sorts of admin functions.

cli (tmux/tput/mc ...etc) for real (all powerful) root along with X running under a restricted setup (easy container), so anything else run within that (firefox/whatever) is also restricted, is a good combination IMO. Very similar to how I run OpenBSD. But with the added benefits that the X (Xephyr/easy container) can easily be snapshot'd, rolled back/forward etc. My next step after this test and posting is to automate the startup of tmux and have tmux set to start up the Xephyr/easy container within one of its windows, so its all ready to go after each reboot. And then code a tput menu to do common admin/real root actions/functions. The likes of sc0ttman's cli package manager looks interesting in that respect.

There is always the option to run a real root X window in the Xephyr window using something like (from real root cli)
DISPLAY=:1 xterm &
... or any other real root X window program (petget ... whatever)
However that does introduce security risks (potential for restricted/contained root stuffing commands into that real root window).
If you do start a X window program that way from the real root cli command line, then running chvt 4 afterwards to do the same as pressing ctrl-alt F4 (switch to the Xephyr X desktop) is nice IMO.

rufwoof

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jan 2019, 16:03    Post subject:  

This is the script I'm using to start tmux with two windows, the first showing my tput menu (called /root/admin) and the second that starts X and the easy container. I've called in /root/twin, so after I boot and see the root cli prompt I just run ./twin ... which results in a switch to the Xephyr/X/easy container window and where ctrl-alt F1 takes me back to that tmux/cli session
Code:
#!/bin/sh
#
# /root/twin ... my tmux initialisation script to initialise tmux windows
#

# start a tmux session, detach
# then send commands to that before reattaching to it
# Note that C-m is carriage return (enter)

# create a tmux session called work, and deattach so we can send keys to it
# send keys to rename the first window to admin (my tput menu)

tmux new -s work -d
tmux rename-window -t work admin
tmux send-keys -t work 'su - root -c "/root/admin"' C-m

# Add another tmux window, rename it to xephyr and load Xephyr
tmux new-window -t work
tmux rename-window -t work xephyr
tmux send-keys -t work 'X &' C-m
tmux send-keys -t work 'DISPLAY=:0 empty -f ec-chroot easy &' C-m

# and finally select which window to show first and attach to the tmux work session
tmux select-window -t work:0
tmux attach -t work

and where that admin tmux window looks something like the one I posted earlier (as below) - but where the tmux window names seen are 'admin' and 'xephyr'. That tput menu is a direct copy from my OpenBSD, which has still yet to be changed to be EasyOS specific (so far I've only changed the reboot and power down menu options).
console1-500.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   25.41 KB
 Viewed   509 Time(s)

console1-500.jpg

rufwoof

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jan 2019, 16:41    Post subject:  

This is my (very messy) current admin (tput menu) script i.e. that produces the look as per my previous posted image
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# reasonable source for tput codes
# http://wiki.bash-hackers.org/scripting/terminalcodes
# \ chars are weird inside echo -n and echo, not required to be delimited in echo, excepting
# hen before a ", but in echo -n they have to be escaped/delimited (at least that is what
# seems to the case to me).

PIDofdatetime=""

_show_date_time () {

while :
    do
   tput sc
   tput bold
        tput setaf 3
#   tput cup 32 11
   tput cup 12 5
   echo `date +" %R %a %d %b"`
   tput rc
   sleep 60
    done &
    PIDofdatetime=$!

}

_calmonday () {

# Maps a standard Su start of week cal to a Mo start of week
    # Yes that is a cal command line option choice for most, but not all i.e. Puppy busybox cal
    # Also I was having troubles with current date highlighting and for Sa 1 start months (i.e. 1 Dec 2018
    # it wasn't being highlighted so I fixed that my remapping that month to a monday start (cal -m)
    # but that meant all months except 1 sat months had Su start whilst 1 Sa months had Mo start.
    # Remapping all other months also to Mo start makes things more consistent i.e. this function being called
    # in all cases except if a 1 Sa month

IFS=
    t1=`mktemp`;t2=`mktemp` # create the two temp files
    # Load the files with default Su start of week cal, that we'll wrap Su around to end of the set
    cal | sed -r 's/(...)(.*)/\1/' >$t1 # Sunday list
    cal | sed -r 's/(...)(.*)/\2/' >$t2 # Rest
    exec 7<$t1;exec 8<$t2       # open the two files 
    read month <&8;read empty <&7;echo "    $month"
    read weekdays1 <&8;read weekdays2 <&7;echo "$weekdays1" "$weekdays2"
    read dates2 <&7
    [[ ! -z `echo ${dates2} | tr -d " "` ]] && echo "                 " "$dates2"
    for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6;do
    read dates1 <&8;read dates2 <&7
    [[ ! -z `echo "$dates1 $dates2" | tr -d " "` ]] && echo "$dates1" "$dates2"
    done
    exec 7</dev/null ;exec 8</dev/null    # close the files
    rm $t1;rm $t2          # clean up
}

_show_cal () {

tput bold
    tput setaf 6
    echo
    echo
    echo
    B=$(tput setaf 5;tput setab 7;tput rev;tput bold)
    U=$(tput sgr0;tput setaf 6;tput bold)
    DAY=$(date +%e)
    D=$(date +%e | tr -d " ")
    if [[ $DAY -lt 10 ]]; then
   DAY=$(date +%e)
   if [[ `date +%a%d` == "Sat01" ]]; then
       # use -m caledar as crude fix for sat 1st months not having 1st highlighted
       cal -m | sed -E -e "s|($DAY)([^0-9].*)| $B$D$U\2|" | sed 's/^/   /g'      # three spaces in, current day highlighted
   else   
       _calmonday | sed -E -e "s|($DAY)([^0-9].*)| $B$D$U\2|" | sed 's/^/   /g'      # three spaces in, current day highlighted
   fi
    else
   if [[ `date +%a` == "Mon" ]]; then
          _calmonday | sed -E -e "s|($DAY)([^0-9].*)|$B$D$U\2|" | sed 's/^/   /g'     # three spaces in, current day highlighted
   else
         _calmonday | sed -E -e "s|(.*[^0-9])($DAY)([^0-9].*)|\1$B\2$U\3|" | sed 's/^/   /g'     # three spaces in, current day highlighted
   fi
    fi   
}

# Set script so reads only a single char (avoids having to press ENTER)
# but that does limit the menu options to single character selections only
# HAVING SOME PROBLEMS WITH THIS, IF DOWN ARROW FOR INSTANCE THEN CONTROL
# CODE ENDING IN B RESULTED IN THE B OPTION BEING RUN

read_char() {
  stty -icanon -echo
  eval "$1=\$(dd bs=1 count=1 2>/dev/null)"
  stty icanon echo
}

# Support upper/lower case mix (more than I use here)
_yesno () {
  echo -n "Are you sure? "
  echo -n "[y/N] "

read_char response
  case "$response" in
    [yY][eE][sS]|[yY])
        return 0
        ;;
    *)
        return 1
        ;;
  esac
}

_shutdown () {

clear
    echo "#!/bin/ksh" >/tmp/shutdown
    echo "echo STARTING SHUTDOWN IN 5 SECONDS" >>/tmp/shutdown
    echo "echo " >>/tmp/shutdown
    echo "echo PRESS ENTER TO CANCEL SHUTDOWN " >>/tmp/shutdown
    echo "echo -n \"5 \"" >>/tmp/shutdown
    echo "sleep 1" >>/tmp/shutdown
    echo "echo -n \"... 4 \"" >>/tmp/shutdown
    echo "echo -n \"... 3 \"" >>/tmp/shutdown
    echo "echo -n \"... 2 \"" >>/tmp/shutdown
    echo "echo -n \"... 1 \"" >>/tmp/shutdown
    clear
    echo "echo Shutting Down" >>/tmp/shutdown
    echo "shutdown -p now" >>/tmp/shutdown
    chmod +x /tmp/shutdown
    /tmp/shutdown &
    PID=$!
    read
    kill -9 $PID
    rm /tmp/shutdown
}

_reboot () {

clear
    echo "#!/bin/ksh" >/tmp/reboot
    echo "echo STARTING REBOOT IN 5 SECONDS" >>/tmp/reboot
    echo "echo " >>/tmp/reboot
    echo "echo PRESS ENTER TO CANCEL SHUTDOWN " >>/tmp/reboot
    echo "echo -n \"5 \"" >>/tmp/reboot
    echo "sleep 1" >>/tmp/reboot
    echo "echo -n \"... 4 \"" >>/tmp/reboot
    echo "echo -n \"... 3 \"" >>/tmp/reboot
    echo "echo -n \"... 2 \"" >>/tmp/reboot
    echo "echo -n \"... 1 \"" >>/tmp/reboot
    clear
    echo "echo Rebooting" >>/tmp/reboot
    echo "shutdown -r now" >>/tmp/reboot
    chmod +x /tmp/reboot
    /tmp/reboot &
    PID=$!
    read
    kill -9 $PID
    rm /tmp/reboot
}

trap 'tput reset;exit 1' 1 2 3 9 15
while :
do
    tput sgr0
    clear
    _show_cal
    tput setaf 3
    tput bold
    tput setaf 7
    tput setab 1
    tput cup 1 27 ; echo -n  "                     R O O T                        "
    tput setab 0

tput cup 3 27 ; echo -n  " x  user/X                "
    tput cup 12 54 ; echo -n  " m  mc file manager       "
#    tput cup 4 27 ; echo -n  " d  diary - calcurse      "
    tput cup 4 27 ; echo -n  " b  Google block          "
    tput cup 4 54 ; echo -n  " B  Google unblock        "
    tput cup 5 27 ; echo -n  " t  top                   "
    tput cup 5 54 ; echo -n  " h  help/tips             "
    tput cup 6 27 ; echo -n  " p  powerdown             "
    tput cup 6 54 ; echo -n  " r  reboot                "
    tput cup 7 27 ; echo -n  " s  scan setuids          "
    tput cup 7 54 ; echo -n  " S  set setuids           "
    tput cup 8 27 ; echo -n  " e  test lib checksums    "
    tput cup 8 54 ; echo -n  " E  gen lib checksums     "
    tput cup 9 27 ; echo -n  " u  mount usb             "
    tput cup 9 54 ; echo -n  " U  umount usb            "
    tput cup 14 27 ; echo -n " a  mount phone (wireless)"
    tput cup 10 27 ; echo -n " R  user cron deny        "
    tput cup 14 54 ; echo -n " A  mount android (usb)   "
    tput cup 10 54 ; echo -n " z  max vol/boost         "
    tput cup 13 54 ; echo -n " v  video record desktop  "
    tput cup 12 27 ; echo -n " c  calcurse              "
#    tput cup 15 54 ; echo -n " 3  mp3 cmus (music)      "
    tput cup 3 54 ; echo -n " q  quit                  "
    tput cup 11 27 ; echo -n " l  mount ext2 sda3       "
    tput cup 11 54 ; echo -n " L  umount ext2 sda3      "
    tput cup 13 27 ; echo -n " f  fsck ext2 sda3        "
    tput sgr0
    _show_date_time # if remove this also remove the kill command a few lines down
    tput cup 2 25   # prompt location
    tput sc
    read_char y
    echo $y
    kill $PIDofdatetime
    case "$y" in
   x) chvt 4;;
   m) mc /root /root;;
   b) clear;echo "copying /etc/hosts-google-fb to /etc/hosts";cp /etc/hosts-google-fb /etc/hosts;sleep 1;;
       B) clear;echo "copying /etc/hosts-normal to /etc/hosts";cp /etc/hosts-normal /etc/hosts;sleep 1;;
   t) top;;
   h) vi /root/tips;;
   p) poweroff;;  # clear;if _yesno;then clear;shutdown -p now;sleep5;fi;;
   r) reboot;;   # clear;if _yesno;then clear;shutdown -r now;sleep 5;fi;;
   s) /root/scan-setuids;;
   S) clear;if _yesno;then clear;/root/set-setuids;fi;;
   e) clear;cd /root/mtree;./validate;echo;echo -n "Press Enter ";read;;
   E) clear;if _yesno;then clear;cd /root/mtree;./generate;echo;echo -n "Press Enter ";read;fi;;
   u) mkdir /root/u;mount /dev/sd5i /root/u;;
   U) sync;umount /root/u;;
   a) mkdir /android;sshfs -p 2222 192.168.1.12:/data/data/com.arachnoid.sshelper/home/SDCard/ /android;;
   R) echo "user" >/var/cron/cron.deny;chown root:crontab /var/cron/cron.deny;chmod 660 /var/cron/cron.deny;;
   A) mkdir /android;mtp-connect;simple-mtpfs /android;;
   z) clear;mixerctl outputs.hp_boost=on;mixerctl outputs.master=255,255;sleep 1;;
#   3) tmux new-window;tmux send-keys "cmus;exit" C-m;tmux send-keys ":add /mnt/Music" C-m;;
   v) clear;rm /root/rec/mkv;ffmpeg -f x11grab -r 30 -s 1440x900 -i :0 -c:v libx264 -preset ultrafast -acodec copy /root/rec.mkv;iclear echo convertingi mkv to mp4;rm /root/rec.mp4;ffmpeg -i /root/rec.mkv /root/rec.mp4;; # needs user in X having run xhost +
        q) tput reset;tput sgr0;clear;exit;;
   c) tmux new-window;tmux send-keys "calcurse -c /mnt/calcurse;exit" C-m;;
   l) mount /dev/sd0k /mnt;;
   L) umount /dev/sd0k;;
   f) clear;umount /dev/sd0k;e2fsck -f /dev/sd0k;;
#        *) clear;if [[ -n "$y" ]];then $y;sleep 1;fi;;
    esac
done

rufwoof

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 05:52    Post subject:  

With the twin script to start X and run the easy container that I posted earlier (basically runs X & and then invokes the Easy container (empty -f ec-chroot easy &)), alongside the usual xwin, quite a nice way to run things is to boot to the standard xwin session (usual boot), but don't run the easy container within that, instead exit to command line and run twin. Then to flip back again ctrl-alt F1 to command line and pkill X and then run xwin again. That could be simplified with menu options in each of the Easy container and main xwin desktops to 'flip' to the other desktop. That way you don't have populated real X windows active whilst in the Easy container ... more separation/isolation.

alt F6 to switch between the container and main X isn't operational that way (inadvertently pressing ctrl-shift can disable that action anyway).

Don't run browser or other internet facing things in the main/xwin session ... only use it for admin purposes. Use the twin/Easy container to do the rest/other things.

Fundamentally that's just flipping between the main real root X session with its save area, and the Easy container restricted root X session with its own save area. With only one or the other ever active at any one time. It does mean a clean desktop at each flip, so you can't leave things running in the container whilst you flip to the main session and then flip back again as you can with the existing setup, but does ensure better separation/isolation.

alibadrelsayed

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 07:30    Post subject: Huawei E173z-1 not detected  

My Huawei E173z-1 can not be detected by EasyOS 1.0 , any solutions???
rufwoof

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 23:12    Post subject:  

Barry, woof-e oe pyro 1.0 (using 20th Jan version of woof) ... during the 2createpackages stage by chance noticed that the xf86 video rendition reported a unable to recognise format of local reproduction of input file /usr/lib/xorg/modules/v10002d.uc
and
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/v20002d.uc
Or something to that effect (quickly scribbled down, so a guide only).

rufwoof

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jan 2019, 14:21    Post subject: Re: Huawei E173z-1 not detected  

alibadrelsayed wrote:
My Huawei E173z-1 can not be detected by EasyOS 1.0 , any solutions???

Missing firmware/modules ??

Given that you're booting from the USB then the firmware/modules to support that device would have to be included within the initial base, which I suspect it isn't.

I did a cursory search but didn't find anything obvious as to which firmware/modules might be required for that device. You might like to have a read through the Missing Firmware thread.

If you could boot via other means, then Menu, System, BootManager configure bootup ... and selecting the 'Click here to add a new module' (if you know what module that needs to be loaded - perhaps try Broadcom, and any Huawei modules) could potentially resolve the problem

Last edited by rufwoof on Wed 30 Jan 2019, 17:01; edited 1 time in total
rufwoof

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jan 2019, 16:28    Post subject:  

rufwoof wrote:
Barry, woof-e oe pyro 1.0 (using 20th Jan version of woof) ...

Just to report that using the devx built during woof'ing Pyro I sfs got the kernel source and ran make ... which produced the arch/x86_64/boot/bzImage without any hitches and replacing the original vmlinuz (kernel) with that bzImage boots fine.
Code:
# uname -a
Linux EASYPC27030 4.14.91 #2 SMP Wed Jan 30 19:04:31 GMT 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

All built using frugally installed (HDD sda1) Pyro 1.0 (with the build run on a separate ext2 sda3 (ext2 because I share that with OpenBSD) partition (I use sda2 as Linux swap)).

rufwoof

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jan 2019, 17:15    Post subject: Alt-F6 flip desktop  

Pyro's jwm default setting has alt-F6 key combination set to minimise window. In Easy container you in effect minimise the Xephyr window (DISPLAY :1) to reveal the main desktop (Xephyr window is set to full screen, so no title bar is seen) i.e. 'flip window' back to the main window (DISPLAY :0)

A problem with that however is that to clear your browser session the key sequence is ctrl-shift-delete, and pressing ctrl-shift as part of that disables subsequent alt-F6 key combinations - you have to press ctrl-shift again to get that alt-F6 action back again.

Wondering if the 'flip desktop' alt-F6 choice should instead be via some other means.

Personally I clear out the browser (ctrl-shift-delete ENTER) regularly, typically after having logged out of one site, so the next site is less able to steal login userid/passwords used on other sites. Haven't really thought through however which alternative key combination to use for minimise window (alt-F6 flip window).

Try it for yourself, in easy container just press ctrl-shift, and then with a window being displayed press alt-F6, and it will just minimise the window but remain inside the easy container, not flip back to the main window. Or maybe its just my UK based setup ???

Page 87 of 136 [2032 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, ..., 134, 135, 136 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: