Conceptual debate: It's Puppy as small as it should?

Booting, installing, newbie
klhrevolutionist

To quote myself

#21 Post by klhrevolutionist »

You can make your own personalized puppy as small as you want!
You can make your own personalized puppy as big as you want!

So to figure out why this is a topic, I ask myself do they not read the forum
for it's scattered answers??? Or the wiki for it's easy navigation page index???

The topic should be is the wiki a better solution for a wiki/forum???

And to start anew, I will discuss at length on why the move would be better

To take the wiki and make it a multi-platform forum/wiki.
By: Yours Truly!!

First we begin with the page index, the reality lies in the page index,
for there no one could say well, I can't find the post so that's why I started a new one. On the contrary if this were to be a mistake and or a lie
moderators of the wiki/forum could easily help the poor pup and direct him/her to the post that does have the answer. With this being said the moderator could then go back and delete the poor pup's mistaken post.

Second. Are you saying that a new page go up for every topic?
Well, of course that's what I'm saying! In it being this way
everybody allowed would be able to erase unneeded post to the topic as to keep it uncluttered, of course this would be a weekly clean-up.
What I'm saying is a page a post, anyone could easily browse the page index, and say hey that looks like the post I'm looking for!
They would enter that page and read what it has been written down
This pup would say hey great my answer to my problem!!! And write nothing down! scenario 2 The pup would write down how he/she got a certain problem solved! scenario 3 the pup would just write a simple thank you.

Now moving a long, If the pup decides he/she got the answer
nothing would be done to this page!
But if the pup had a different solution to the problem
then that post would stay up.
And lastly if the pup wrote a simple thanks or a question.
The thank you would and could be simply erased on the weekly wiki/forum clean-up. Or if the pup had a question regarding the answer on the post
it would then be a topic until solved and the new answer would be updated and all other post to the topic would be erased.

Now that I have explained this it seems feasible, yes?

But on a different note, the pup would of course not have to register or could register just as one would on the forum.
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

Bruce B

#22 Post by Bruce B »

Sirexel, I picked your post in the other section. Didn't have time to reply. Just wanted to let you know I plan to work with you on this.

Through hands on experience and actual real world results, we will get the correct data and conclusions on these machines.

I'll probably reply in detail in several hours when I have time to use.

BTW - Often the forum says I'm browsing the forum, when I'm actually sleeping or playing or on occasion actually working.

I just leave my computer and if it's connected to the forum than it says I'm logged it. I probably am. This is no indication that I'm actually at the computer.

IMO - as far as Linux distros are concerned, I think Puppy more than any other I've encountered, can be what you want it to be for your particular personal computing purposes and needs.