Puppy 2.15CE - Icewm Themes

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Pizzasgood

#21 Post by Pizzasgood »

I just installed the new IceWM binaries that G2 posted. The bug with having a transparent CPU graph seems to be gone now, so you can make the IceBergX theme look even better by enabling that. All you do is replace these lines:

Code: Select all

ColorCPUStatusIdle="rgb:78/93/b1"
ColorNetIdle="rgb:78/93/b1"
with this:

Code: Select all

ColorCPUStatusIdle=""
ColorNetIdle=""
That can be done for any theme. It makes them look much better, because the gradients in the taskbar show through the graphs.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

WhoDo

#22 Post by WhoDo »

Pizzasgood wrote:I just installed the new IceWM binaries that G2 posted. The bug with having a transparent CPU graph seems to be gone now, so you can make the IceBergX theme look even better by enabling that.
Yep. That's definitely better. Pity I can't do the same with the background for blinky. That would be really cool! 8)

WhoDo

#23 Post by WhoDo »

Feverfew wrote:I jest had to put my to cents in hope yall don't mind :) I like IcebergX its my fave so far.
Please add your vote to the poll on this post.
Feverfew wrote: oh the start menu butins I personally like the paw print "Menu"
the one without the circle, thars nathing rong with the "Start" one
but I'd like puppy to not be a complete Vista Clon... Yall Can do better then that :twisted:

I to like the green desktop it is ez'er to read taskbar
and the open windows, and did Pizzasgood say a gray ish taskbar? because that would look great :D
You can vote for your preferred theme in the other thread. I'm happy with the green velvet one too.

Thanks for your input and words of encouragement.

WhoDo

#24 Post by WhoDo »

mbutts wrote:got any ink blots whodo?????
Don't forget to vote for your preferences in the two polls, and thanks for your input and encouragement. It is much appreciated. :wink:

As for the ink blots, if you stare at the puppy paw long enough, what do you see? :P

Cheers

Pizzasgood

#25 Post by Pizzasgood »

There are a bunch of duplicate options. :?

Also, Velvet should just be one option. The color can be decided if it's chosen. Otherwise people might dilute their votes between very similar items.

EDIT: And it didn't record my vote for the top IceBergX. (in terms of appearance alone, am torn between VistaBlack and IcebergX. I chose IcebergX because it looks less like Vista and other than Gorilla, I like light themes more).
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]

WhoDo

#26 Post by WhoDo »

Pizzasgood wrote:There are a bunch of duplicate options. :?

Also, Velvet should just be one option. The color can be decided if it's chosen. Otherwise people might dilute their votes between very similar items.
Yes, and they weren't there when the poll was posted, either! :? Unfortunately I cannot edit them now without losing the votes cast so far. Puppy users are smart. They'll figure it out.

A vote for any velvet theme will be considered a vote for Velvet, period, as per your suggestion.

mbutts
Location: sitn on an iceburg waiting for my next meal to swim by.

#27 Post by mbutts »

hey whodo where is the link to the poll for the name? i did a search and didnt find it yet.
speaking of velvet and colors reminds me of bobby vintons song about blue velvet....
yeah i looked at the puppy paw ink blot..... i keep seeing penguins and polar bears.... i dont think it has anything to do with linux or my av though. also, i now have an uncontrollable desire to find a soft comfy couch to lay down on.

WhoDo

#28 Post by WhoDo »

mbutts wrote:hey whodo where is the link to the poll for the name? i did a search and didnt find it yet.
speaking of velvet and colors reminds me of bobby vintons song about blue velvet....
yeah i looked at the puppy paw ink blot..... i keep seeing penguins and polar bears.... i dont think it has anything to do with linux or my av though. also, i now have an uncontrollable desire to find a soft comfy couch to lay down on.
The poll has expired, because Lobster grasped the chance in one of his massive claws and unilaterally named the project "Viz". That's what's called a "discussion ender". :lol:

Blue Velvet .... oh, yeah. You're definitely a refugee from MY era! :P

Those penguins and polar bears do have a strangely somnambulistic effect - relaxing to the point of sleepiness. 8)

Cheers

bostonvaulter

#29 Post by bostonvaulter »

hey, I like the velvet themes, but they don't seem to show an outline when i drag windows around. Oh, and I'm using Icewm.

WhoDo

#30 Post by WhoDo »

bostonvaulter wrote:hey, I like the velvet themes, but they don't seem to show an outline when i drag windows around. Oh, and I'm using Icewm.
Ok, I'm gonna need just a wee bit more info here:

What Puppy version? What Icewm version (right click on taskbar and choose About)?

When I drag Rox 2.5 windows around I don't see "outlines" either - I see the entire window and its contents! I'm not quite sure what you're asking for here.

Cheers

bostonvaulter

#31 Post by bostonvaulter »

puppy version 1.1.4
icewm version 1.2.28

when i drag things around in my other themes, all I see is an outline. I don't see the contents of the window. So in this theme I don't have an outline so I have to guess about where I'm placing the window.

I've changed quite a few of the options in icewm, so that may be why you see the contents of the window and I only see the outline.

Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the themes, I think I like the red one best.

Hope this clears up everything.

WhoDo

#32 Post by WhoDo »

bostonvaulter wrote:puppy version 1.1.4
icewm version 1.2.28
Guesttoo has posted and upgrade for Icewm to 1.2.30 - I don' t know if that will make any difference but it's worth a try. The themes were created on Puppy 2.14 so I don't really have any way of testing to see whether it's just a configuration issue with preferences file. Sorry.

Hope that helps

bostonvaulter

#33 Post by bostonvaulter »

where did he post that version? I looked at the wiki dotpups and the ones at puppyfiles.org/dotpupsde/dotpups but I was unable to find it.

Pizzasgood

#34 Post by Pizzasgood »

Attached to the forum, I think.
Lets see... here the are:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 35&t=15292

bostonvaulter

#35 Post by bostonvaulter »

I tried updating icewm to 1.2.30 but it made my icewm unable to start up. But i did figure out that if I set moveopaque back to 1, it would show the contents of the window while I moved it. I think I prefer just the outline but this will work fine. Thanks for all the help.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#36 Post by GuestToo »

Icewm should start

i compressed the Icewm 1.2.30 files with upx ... if your zlib libraries are not working properly, that would prevent a upx'ed program from starting

cb88

Vista black theme

#37 Post by cb88 »

Where is the better Vista Black theme?
wasn't it the one Whodo worked on?
Could a link be posted to it in the icewm wiki the one there now is the older one from Sbaguz without the menu improvements. I think I had a copy of it around but it must have gotten deleted.

maybe a separate area in the forum shoud be made for themes so that the there is less my themes is better than yours going on and more progress made toward makeing the themes better. IMHO the Vista Black theme as good as it is (it is my favorite) could use improvement.

MU

#38 Post by MU »

Don't know... here is an old one I like most, I use it in Muppy007.
http://puppyfiles.org/dotpupsde/dotpups ... _WhoDo.pup

Screenshot (200 kb):
http://noforum.de/pics/Icewm-theme-Vist ... _WhoDo.jpg

Mark

richard.a

Re: Vista black theme

#39 Post by richard.a »

cb88 wrote:IMHO the Vista Black theme as good as it is (it is my favorite) could use improvement.
Particularly with making the writing on the menus and taskbar (including the clock) less "spidery"... needs to be not exactly bold, but certainly more readable.

White on black should provide excellent contrast even for spectacle wearers, but in this instance it is extremely poor

Richard
[i]Have you noticed editing is always needed for the inevitable typos that weren't there when you hit the "post" button?[/i]

[img]http://micro-hard.dreamhosters.com/416434.png[/img]

KJ

icewm themes

#40 Post by KJ »

Hi Folks,

Got 215CE downloaded on a dialup line (8+hours) and he installed fine
your new desktop looks great. Then I noticed that my older icewm themes didn't look right. I found that the 215CE versions taskbar was about 30% taller than taskbars in earlier icewm versions.

How do I reduce the taskbar height back to the smaller size.

Thanks,

KJ