Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 25 Jul 2014, 01:15
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge » Multi-session live-CD/DVD
i'm impressed with what i am running for multisession!!!
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count_1  
mbutts

Location: sitn on an iceburg waiting for my next meal to swim by.

PostPosted: Wed 07 Mar 2007, 02:09    Post_subject:  i'm impressed with what i am running for multisession!!!
Sub_title: 400 mhz 192 meg with sony dru-830a

why am i impressed? well first of all its an old slow computer. a compaq 5240 presario. 400 mhz with 192 meg memory.
reading the outside of the box the drive came in says the minimum computer specs on the dvd-+rw ram cdrw drive is pentium III 800 mhz and pentium 4 @ 2 ghz recommended. perhaps it needs such high specs to run nero 7 in windows and perhaps burn dvd movies.
i got it to work on cdrw first then got it to work tonight finally on multi dvd. i even went so far as to use a dvd-rw for my first dvd disk. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! it rocks to be able to thumb my nose at the hard drive! and the fact that i can run it on a processor of half the speed for min recommended is even sweeter. ill head back to best buy in a couple days to pick up another one for my hp that i got given to me recently.
for under $90 US i took a throw away computer and made it into something VERY usable.
i have not been able to use my laptops for multisession and i know that many people have been disappointed with not being able to reboot after first save. so for me, this is a real treat. to be able to do multisession with dvd. it makes those throw away computers more desireable knowing you can take a few bucks and upgrade it to something usable. Very Happy

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count_1  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge » Multi-session live-CD/DVD
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum