How to Uninstall Libre Office 6.1.0.3?

Using applications, configuring, problems
pp4mnklinux

How to Uninstall Libre Office 6.1.0.3?

#1 Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hello everybody:

I have got a problem with the installation of Libre Office 6.3

I installed it without problems, but now both coexists so I want to uninstall the 6.1.0.3 version, but I can't find it at the puppy package manager.

How can I unistall this version (wich comes preinstalled with my original puppy?

Thanks a lot for your help.

(I solved the problem configuring the default associations to open .doc with open office 6.3, but I wanna know how to uninstall the previous version... in case I need to to this other day.- THANKS)
Distro: xenialpup64 7.5 XXL
Desktop Panel: JWM ~ FbBox 5.0

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

How can I unistall this version (wich comes preinstalled with my original puppy?
menu>Setup>Remove Builtin Packages

Builtin packages are in the main Puppy sfs that is read only.
So nothing can actually be removed from it.
Remove builtin packages will white-list the package.
To the system, it will be invisible like it was not there.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

pp4mnklinux

Thanks, but...

#3 Post by pp4mnklinux »

Thanks a lot , but I went to this program (Remove....) and libre office doesn't appears as it.

It's possible people who know a lot a about libre office know what are the programs it includes, but for me it's imposible to unninstall.

Is there other way to do this?

or... can you tell me what programs must I unnistall?

THANKY

mikeslr

#4 Post by mikeslr »

Odd that Remove Builtins doesn't show the Libre 6.1.0.3 package. But as Bigpup pointed out Remove Builtins would not have actually removed it, just white-listed the package. To remove the Menu Listing, you can file-browse to /usr/share/applications and delete the unwanted LibreOffice desktop files. All those will have the designation 6.1.0.3 in their names.

Those files are actually symbolic links to files in /opt/libreoffice6.1.03/share/xdg. So, rather than deleting them, you can open the desktop files in .../xdg in a text editor and change their categories to ones which Puppy doesn't recognize. For example just adding a "z" to the beginning of whatever Category name appears: e.g., Categories=RasterGraphics to Categories=zRasterGraphics.

Easier still if your Puppy uses radky's jwmdesk manager. You'll probably find the application Menu>Setup>Menu Manager Edit the Menu. Open it and select the unwanted Libreoffice listings. You'll see either a red or green radio button. It's a toggle: clicking a green button turns it red and hides the listing. [What the toggle does is to either write or delete the argument "NoDisplay=true" in the desktop file].

Devs creating Puppies should never include LibreOffice. The organization which creates it, surprisingly :D, often improves it. For example, the 6 Series, 'though taking up slightly more disk space, actually uses less RAM. Users will frequently want to upgrade. Including LibreOffice just wastes space and transmission resources.

Along the same lines, Users should prefer SFSes to pets. SFSes require no space in SaveFiles; use less RAM when not open; and provide for an easier upgrade. While an installed pet may overwrite the files of a different installed version, SFSes don't. If there's a problem with the last SFS loaded you can easily unload it and re-load the previous version.

pp4mnklinux

THANKS A LOT

#5 Post by pp4mnklinux »

THANKS A LOT.... I'll try next weekend.

Have a nice day, my friend.
mikeslr wrote:Odd that Remove Builtins doesn't show the Libre 6.1.0.3 package. But as Bigpup pointed out Remove Builtins would not have actually removed it, just white-listed the package. To remove the Menu Listing, you can file-browse to /usr/share/applications and delete the unwanted LibreOffice desktop files. All those will have the designation 6.1.0.3 in their names.

Those files are actually symbolic links to files in /opt/libreoffice6.1.03/share/xdg. So, rather than deleting them, you can open the desktop files in .../xdg in a text editor and change their categories to ones which Puppy doesn't recognize. For example just adding a "z" to the beginning of whatever Category name appears: e.g., Categories=RasterGraphics to Categories=zRasterGraphics.

Easier still if your Puppy uses radky's jwmdesk manager. You'll probably find the application Menu>Setup>Menu Manager Edit the Menu. Open it and select the unwanted Libreoffice listings. You'll see either a red or green radio button. It's a toggle: clicking a green button turns it red and hides the listing. [What the toggle does is to either write or delete the argument "NoDisplay=true" in the desktop file].

Devs creating Puppies should never include LibreOffice. The organization which creates it, surprisingly :D, often improves it. For example, the 6 Series, 'though taking up slightly more disk space, actually uses less RAM. Users will frequently want to upgrade. Including LibreOffice just wastes space and transmission resources.

Along the same lines, Users should prefer SFSes to pets. SFSes require no space in SaveFiles; use less RAM when not open; and provide for an easier upgrade. While an installed pet may overwrite the files of a different installed version, SFSes don't. If there's a problem with the last SFS loaded you can easily unload it and re-load the previous version.

bigpup

#6 Post by bigpup »

pp4mnklinux,

You are talking about this remastered version of Xenialpup64 7.5?
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114160
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

pp4mnklinux

Yes

#7 Post by pp4mnklinux »

bigpup wrote:pp4mnklinux,

You are talking about this remastered version of Xenialpup64 7.5?
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114160

Yes, but I added (to the installed programs) a lot more.

Original Installed programs

Removed:
- Palemoon
- Claws Mail
- Simple GTK Radio
- Hexalate
- Gplanarity
- IQpuzzle
- PicPuz
- Rubix
- MtPaint
- Abiword