pSynclient-1.4.1

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
mistfire

pSynclient-1.4.1

#1 Post by mistfire »

This is a gui frontend of synclient. For configuring touchpads that using synaptic driver. It works the same as flSynclient but with advanced features and no fltk dependency at all. The configuration applies on-the-fly when OK button was clicked. It was written in gtkdialog and bash. This app was architecture independent.

Dependencies:
* gtkdialog
* synclient
* xf86-input-synaptics

NOTE: The availability of the synaptic settings depends on the synaptic driver version and the synaptic touchpad installed
Attachments
psynclient.png
(44.92 KiB) Downloaded 809 times
psynclient-1.4.1.pet
Autostart is now enabled by default upon first run.
(6.44 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
Last edited by mistfire on Thu 05 Mar 2020, 11:18, edited 10 times in total.

mistfire

#2 Post by mistfire »

pSynclient 1.1 released

Changes:
* User has an option to automatically load the touchpad settings on startup.
* Some bugfixes

zigbert

#3 Post by zigbert »

Great stuff!
If flSynclient is the only fltk app included in a basic Puppy, your app is REALLY interesting...

mistfire

#4 Post by mistfire »

pSynclient 1.2 released

Changes:
* Some improvements

BarryK
Puppy Master

#5 Post by BarryK »

@mistfire
Yes, this is great! The only fltk-based app we have is flsynclient, besides, it will be nice to have an app that doesn't have to be compiled.

One issue, EasyOS is like the older pups, still using scripts in /root/Startup to start things when X starts.

I know that woof-CE has gone over to /etc/xdg/autostart and $HOME/.config/autostart, as per the xdg specification.

Do the modern pups not have folder /root/Startup? If not, then you could do a test, and if it exists then create the script /root/Startup/psynclient to run "psynclient -1", otherwise create $HOME/.config/autostart/psynclient.desktop

If you don't want to do that, that's ok, it is easy enough for me to modify the script to work in EasyOS.
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

mistfire

#6 Post by mistfire »

BarryK wrote:@mistfire
Yes, this is great! The only fltk-based app we have is flsynclient, besides, it will be nice to have an app that doesn't have to be compiled.

One issue, EasyOS is like the older pups, still using scripts in /root/Startup to start things when X starts.

I know that woof-CE has gone over to /etc/xdg/autostart and $HOME/.config/autostart, as per the xdg specification.

Do the modern pups not have folder /root/Startup? If not, then you could do a test, and if it exists then create the script /root/Startup/psynclient to run "psynclient -1", otherwise create $HOME/.config/autostart/psynclient.desktop

If you don't want to do that, that's ok, it is easy enough for me to modify the script to work in EasyOS.
Yes /root/Startup was still exists and works.
Your suggestion is now implemented on version 1.3. Goto Startup tab, uncheck XDG startup, and click OK

mistfire

#7 Post by mistfire »

pSynclient 1.3 released

Changes:
* Improved compatibility for older puppies
* Startup tab is added
* Non-xdg startup mode is added. (Go to Startup tab, uncheck XDG startup). This will create a startup script on $HOME/Startup instead of creating desktop file on $HOME/.config/autostart

mistfire

#8 Post by mistfire »

psynclient 1.3.1 released

Changes:
* GUI improvements

BarryK
Puppy Master

#9 Post by BarryK »

mistfire wrote:psynclient 1.3.1 released

Changes:
* GUI improvements
I got delayed in posting here, I made a PET of 1.3, with some changes to GUI layout:

https://bkhome.org/news/201911/psynclie ... chpad.html

Maybe because of different font size, was getting some overlapping, such as the OK and Cancel buttons were on top of some widgets in the notebook.

So I messed around a bit with the gtkdialog layout.

The 1.3-1 PET is in the just released Easy Pyro 1.2.8 and Buster 2.1.8.

mistfire

#10 Post by mistfire »

psynclient 1.3.2 released

Changes
* Flsynclient compatible. It can read flsynclient settings file as a fallback if psynclient.conf was not created. Also flsynclient command was linked to psynclient. It accepts -s command parameter.

Marv

#11 Post by Marv »

Now included in upupee as of 19.10.+1. Nice to have as a flsynclient replacement and working well on my i5 based Fujitsu S761. I use an Acceleration greater than 0.0100 so I bumped range-max in line 360 from 0.0100 to 0.0500. It now allows my Accelfactor of 0.0375.

Thanks,
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

mistfire

#12 Post by mistfire »

psynclient 1.4 released

Changes:
* Added tooltips on some controls
* Additional synaptics settings
* Some bugfix

Marv

#13 Post by Marv »

Quick check of 1.4 in the current upupee on the Fujitsu S761 with a synaptics touchpad. Set up the pad from scratch and played with pressures, tapping, acceleration etc. It all seems to work correctly here and is persistent. Tooltip for Release on the General page should say 'below', not 'above'? Thanks for the acceleration fix.
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

mistfire

#14 Post by mistfire »

Marv wrote:Quick check of 1.4 in the current upupee on the Fujitsu S761 with a synaptics touchpad. Set up the pad from scratch and played with pressures, tapping, acceleration etc. It all seems to work correctly here and is persistent. Tooltip for Release on the General page should say 'below', not 'above'? Thanks for the acceleration fix.
psynclient 1.4 is now reuploaded with correction on tooltip

mistfire

#15 Post by mistfire »

I read Barry's blog about the persistence issue of pSynclient on his Easy OS. I wonder what does persistence that he talked about?

BarryK
Puppy Master

#16 Post by BarryK »

mistfire wrote:I read Barry's blog about the persistence issue of pSynclient on his Easy OS. I wonder what does persistence that he talked about?
It was this post:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 97#1051097

I probably did something wrong in the PET package. It is supposed to create a startup script in /root/Startup, to load the settings. But 'thinkpadfreak' is reporting that didn't work.

I temporarily went back to flsynclient as I have been rushed off my feet recently, and just took the easy way out.

My PET:

http://distro.ibiblio.org/easyos/noarch ... -1.3-1.pet

...that was based on your earlier version, which had problems with the GUI layout, so I hacked the script a bit.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#17 Post by BarryK »

Ooooh, someone has sent me an email with this link:

http://puppylinux.info/topic/easyos-bus ... #post-8860

Perhaps the solution is as simple as that. I have sent a pm to 'thinkpadfreak' asking if he did not set that checkbox.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#18 Post by BarryK »

thinkpadfreak has replied, quoting:
Hello, Barry

> Regarding psynclient, did you set the option to remember settings?

No. I should have checked every tab on the left. Embarassed But I would like the settings to be loaded at every boot by default.

For the time being, I had written a script to turn off the touchpad and placed it in /root/Startup.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
synclient TouchpadOff=1

Anyway, thank you for the message.
mistfire,
Yes, it would be good if that checkbox defaulted to checked. Could you implement that?

mistfire

#19 Post by mistfire »

@BarryK
Sure why not?

Mike Walsh

#20 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ BK:-
BarryK wrote:Do the modern pups not have folder /root/Startup?
Oh, they do indeed. And despite the existence of the 'autostart' directories (demanded, I believe, by newer specs) I still make liberal use of /root/Startup....purely from personal preference. I know what I'm doing with that one..!

Sometimes scripts end up going into /etc/init.d, mainly due to the requirement for running earlier in the boot process.....but by & large, I prefer /root/Startup.

Mike. :wink: