(OLD) (ARCHIVED) Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index (OLD) (ARCHIVED) Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

This forum can also be accessed as http://oldforum.puppylinux.com
It is now read-only and serves only as archives.

Please register over the NEW forum
https://forum.puppylinux.com
and continue your work there. Thank you.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 23 Sep 2020, 13:38
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Openlp won't run
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
memo

PostPosted: Wed 13 Nov 2019, 06:12    Post subject:  Openlp won't run
Subject description: I installied Python 3.5

Hi all,

I have tried to install openlp but unfortunately it doesn't work although it does appear in the menu entry. Th terminal indicates that the problem is that the directory of python3 is not found. so I linked python3.5 and rename it as python3 and this problem disappeared. However, the app didnot start and indicates that a sip package is missing, so I installed python3-sip and the app started for some startup config then nothing happened. when i try to relaunch a window appeared and it says it is already running and when I specify to run anyway it gives segmentation fault.

I hope you guys can help me fixing this problem

Edit: I am on Xenila puppy 32 bit non pae

Last edited by memo on Wed 13 Nov 2019, 15:47; edited 1 time in total
perdido

PostPosted: Wed 13 Nov 2019, 15:03    Post subject: Re: Apps are not working (Openlp)  

memo wrote:
Hi all,

I have tried to install openlp but unfortunately it doesn't work although it does appeared in the menu entry. Th terminal indicates that the problem is that the directory of python3 is not found. so I linked python3.5 and rename it as python3 and this problem disappeared. However, the app didnot start and indicates that a sip package is missing, so I installed python3-sip and the app started for some startup config then nothing happened. when i try to relaunch a window appeared and it says it is already running and when I specify to run anyway it gives segmentation fault.

I hope you can tell us which exact puppy linux version you are using. Confused
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90471

:/
memo

PostPosted: Wed 13 Nov 2019, 15:48    Post subject: Re: Apps are not working (Openlp)  

perdido wrote:
memo wrote:
Hi all,

I have tried to install openlp but unfortunately it doesn't work although it does appeared in the menu entry. Th terminal indicates that the problem is that the directory of python3 is not found. so I linked python3.5 and rename it as python3 and this problem disappeared. However, the app didnot start and indicates that a sip package is missing, so I installed python3-sip and the app started for some startup config then nothing happened. when i try to relaunch a window appeared and it says it is already running and when I specify to run anyway it gives segmentation fault.

I hope you can tell us which exact puppy linux version you are using. Confused
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90471

:/

Thanks; have edited it
mikeslr

PostPosted: Wed 13 Nov 2019, 16:03    Post subject:  

Ditto what perdido posted. I also suggest you advise about how you installed each component of Openlp, python, sip specifying the packages and where you obtained them.

Lastly, the following would especially help us, help you.

Figure out how to start Openlp from the terminal. If it has a menu entry, there will likely be in /usr/share/applications a desktop file with a name like openlp. Open it in a text-editor. The argument following Exec= is probably the command you need.

Open a terminal and type that command using this code:

command echo >/root/command.txt. ... Substitute the actual command.

What that will do is create a txt file at /root. The text file will have 'echoed' the terminal print-out showing what went wrong. Add '.gz' to the file's name and attach it to your post. The Forum doesn't allow the attachment of txt files. [When you go to post, you'll find in blue, under the phrase "Add an Attachment" the phase "Allowed Extensions and Sizes". Clicking it will reveal which file endings are permitted]. In the File Comment Section note that it is a "fake" gz to be removed.

I wish you luck. From personal experience I'm pretty certain the the Snake in the Garden was a python. In the ancient version of the Jewish religion, Satan wasn't the Fallen Angel Lucifer; merely a 'tester'. Where python is involved, I have already been tested and found wanting. Smile
memo

PostPosted: Sun 17 Nov 2019, 06:27    Post subject:  

mikeslr wrote:
Ditto what perdido posted. I also suggest you advise about how you installed each component of Openlp, python, sip specifying the packages and where you obtained them.

Lastly, the following would especially help us, help you.

Figure out how to start Openlp from the terminal. If it has a menu entry, there will likely be in /usr/share/applications a desktop file with a name like openlp. Open it in a text-editor. The argument following Exec= is probably the command you need.

Open a terminal and type that command using this code:

command echo >/root/command.txt. ... Substitute the actual command.

What that will do is create a txt file at /root. The text file will have 'echoed' the terminal print-out showing what went wrong. Add '.gz' to the file's name and attach it to your post. The Forum doesn't allow the attachment of txt files. [When you go to post, you'll find in blue, under the phrase "Add an Attachment" the phase "Allowed Extensions and Sizes". Clicking it will reveal which file endings are permitted]. In the File Comment Section note that it is a "fake" gz to be removed.

I wish you luck. From personal experience I'm pretty certain the the Snake in the Garden was a python. In the ancient version of the Jewish religion, Satan wasn't the Fallen Angel Lucifer; merely a 'tester'. Where python is involved, I have already been tested and found wanting. Smile

can I just take a screenshot form the terminal or it needs to be in the text file?
memo

PostPosted: Tue 19 Nov 2019, 19:55    Post subject:  

I have tried the command line you have provided but unfortunately it produced an empty text file. I have made a screenshot and I hope it would help.

first it deleted the provided python link and attached the existing link of python 3,5. and renamed the link puthon 3, this seemed to solve the problem but then it asked for sip, so I installed the python3 sip from the ppm, then it produces the segmentation error.
Screenshot_2019-11-20_00-47-28.png
 Description   
 Filesize   43.43 KB
 Viewed   28 Time(s)

Screenshot_2019-11-20_00-47-28.png

Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Jump to: