Read The #$&% Manual

Booting, installing, newbie
Stokey

#21 Post by Stokey »

Sorry "stoopid newbie" was...... funny I thought that would be obvious after reading the rest of my post. Ah, well..
:( :lol: :cry:
Last edited by Stokey on Sat 20 Aug 2005, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.
Elvis Lives, three-dimensional

bigk101

Thanks

#22 Post by bigk101 »

I want to thank every one for making the puppy distro !Also for having a great forum that is easy to read and learn from .Latley I've been trying out the downloads at ibiblio to put puppy-unleashed-104 together. It seems I've started a coaster factory of sorts , but by rereading the home and download page I 've found solutions to many problems , and have found the forum to be a goldmine of info .tThe script i was able to download to my puppy install and then start wget and download the packages1 is a blessing in more ways than 1.By looking at the script itself I was able to find the command -chmod a+x in order to change permissions and exec expandtarrballs.sh.I can't find any other reference to using the command on the install instruction page . but by checking out the links ,I found the solution . I wonder if thats what barry means when he says there is a slight learning curev involved.! thanks again