CO2 .. Flipping a planet near YOU anytime soon?

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
jafadmin

CO2 .. Flipping a planet near YOU anytime soon?

#1 Post by jafadmin »

Climate Alarmist often use Venus as the "climate alarm" Boogeyman for CO2.

Ok. Let's see how well it holds up. Here are the first 5 planets in this solar system.

Question: What stands out as the probable main determining factor for planetary surface temperature? (Yes, I'm cheating with Jupiter ..)*

Last edited by jafadmin on Mon 13 Jan 2020, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.

jafadmin

#2 Post by jafadmin »

* Jupiter is a gas giant. I'm cherry picking where I'm measuring from just to keep things conceivable. Those numbers are from right below the H2O cloud layer on Jupiter.

The atmosphere is a lot deeper than that. In fact, the atmospheric pressure on Jupiter eventually gets so high that hydrogen gets compressed into a metal, and at those pressures, Jupiter is hotter than the sun. No troll ..

p310don

#3 Post by p310don »

Question: What stands out as the probable main determining factor for planetary surface temperature? (Yes, I'm cheating with Jupiter ..)*
The atmosphere of each planet highly influences the average temperature (composition & moisture content), along with solar radiation and internal energy (geothermal & nuclear)

Venus has the highest surface temperature of any planet in our solar system because of it's atmosphere, which is overwhelmingly made of CO2. That's been a known fact for at least half a century.

The above table has a lot of incorrect information, particularly about Mercury.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with this thread. If you're saying that we have such low carbon, so it's not causing global warming? Maybe. If you're saying something else, I'm keen to hear it.

jafadmin

#4 Post by jafadmin »

p310don wrote: The above table has a lot of incorrect information, particularly about Mercury.
Fixed, and thanks. It now shows the correct mean temp in Fahrenheit at it's equator.

What I'm trying to show is that while using CO2 as the cause of the extreme temperature in Venus is technically correct, it's only correct because it is almost the only gas in it's atmosphere.

If it's atmosphere was predominately nitrogen, such as with Earth's atmosphere, it would still be super hot simply due to it's atmospheric pressure.

backi

#5 Post by backi »

Whole lot of Shaking going on .
https://www.insider.com/philippines-taa ... eos-2020-1
Not so especially Man made .
A lot of Co2 among other nice Ingredients .Probably more than the whole car Traffic of the Phillipines will cause in a hundred Years .(Just guessing)
It seems those goddam Volcanoes don't give a Shit about political Correctness .
Attachments
volcano.jpeg
(3.71 KiB) Downloaded 40 times