2 Scripts to Install LHMP and ZoneMinder on Bionic64

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
qxotic

testing

#21 Post by qxotic »

I will try that once I have figured out the needed changes for zoneminder.
I think the repo adds ok if I run: pkg add-repo ppa:iconnor/zoneminder-1.34

But when I run repo bionic-iconnor after that I get "The name 'bionic-iconnor' is not a valid repo name...."

What should I try in place of that?

Thank you.

rockedge

#22 Post by rockedge »

should be :

Code: Select all

pkg add-repo ppa:iconnor/zoneminder-master
once it is added Pkg will output the actual name of the repo and what name to use.

Please keep us informed on how you are progressing!

qxotic

Cont'd

#23 Post by qxotic »

The script test after the first 01...sh file was good.

after 02 was ran, I changed the things in hiawatha a zm files for the user/group changes.

started hiawatha and mysql.. seemed fine.
when I ran zmpkg.pl start I got:
Can't locate ZoneMinder.pm in @INC (You may need to install the zomeminder module) (@INC contains..... perl... ) at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 34
BEGIN failed - - compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 34

rockedge

#24 Post by rockedge »

zm files for the user/group changes.
if you changed the user which Hiawatha runs under you will need to add some lines to a small file to tell ZM to run as the same user as Hiawatha.

Hiawatha and ZoneMinder need to run with the same user.

open the file /etc/zm/conf.d/zmcustom.conf with geany

add these lines:

# Username and group that web daemon (hiawatha) runs as
ZM_WEB_USER=your_user
ZM_WEB_GROUP=your_group
so they match what is in Hiawatha.conf. and now change the permissions on ->

chown -R your_user:your_group /var/run/zm
chown -R your_user:your_group /var/www
chown -R your_user:your_group /var/log/zm
chown -R your_user:your_group /etc/zm
chown -R your_user:your_group /var/cache/zoneminder
chown -R your_user:your_group /usr/share/zoneminder/www
I added the fix for chown -R your_user:your_group /var/log/zm into the uploaded version
Last edited by rockedge on Sun 02 Feb 2020, 03:19, edited 2 times in total.

qxotic

#25 Post by qxotic »

Hopefully I will get a chance to tinker with it some more tomorrow.. been fighting migraines this week.. and after a day at work just have not had anything left at the end of the day... but form time to time when things are slow at work I will tinker some more (I plan to use this knowledge at work as well as at home).

Do I understand correctly.. did you make some changes to the files in the first post? Just the second one, or the first one too?

For some reason the other day I was not able to change the group of some of the files, I could change user, but the group would remain unchanged.

Is there a way to copy and paste text to and from the terminal in puppy? Might save me some typo errors.

qxotic

Fresh

#26 Post by qxotic »

I started with a fresh install today. I think I'm close?

After executing files 01 and 02 I ran the two commands.. hiawatha, and zmpkg.pl start.

I get the following error after the z start:
Can't open log file /var/log/zm/zmdc.log: Permission denied

When I open localhost I do get a menu...
When I click on zm I get the following:

Warning: array_replace(): Argument #1 is not an array in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/config.php on line 52

Warning: array_replace(): Argument #1 is not an array in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/config.php on line 52

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/config.php on line 63

Warning: Use of undefined constant ZM_PATH_BIN - assumed 'ZM_PATH_BIN' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/config.php on line 70

Warning: Use of undefined constant ZM_DB_HOST - assumed 'ZM_DB_HOST' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/database.php on line 32

Warning: Use of undefined constant ZM_DB_HOST - assumed 'ZM_DB_HOST' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/database.php on line 41

Warning: Use of undefined constant ZM_DB_TYPE - assumed 'ZM_DB_TYPE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/database.php on line 54

Warning: Use of undefined constant ZM_DB_NAME - assumed 'ZM_DB_NAME' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/database.php on line 54

Warning: Use of undefined constant ZM_DB_USER - assumed 'ZM_DB_USER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/database.php on line 54

Warning: Use of undefined constant ZM_DB_PASS - assumed 'ZM_DB_PASS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/database.php on line 54
Unable to connect to ZM db.could not find driver
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function query() on null in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/config.php:165 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/config.php(140): loadConfig() #1 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/index.php(46): require_once('/usr/share/zone...') #2 {main} thrown in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/config.php on line 165

rockedge

#27 Post by rockedge »

Remember the hiawatha web server and zoneminder must use the same user:group
go back and check the permissions of:

chown -R your_user:your_group /var/run/zm
chown -R your_user:your_group /var/www
chown -R your_user:your_group /var/log/zm
chown -R your_user:your_group /etc/zm
chown -R your_user:your_group /var/cache/zoneminder
chown -R your_user:your_group /usr/share/zoneminder/www 
you are very close to starting up cleanly!

qxotic

#28 Post by qxotic »

I got into it now.

You have been tremendous help.

The log file had the wrong user/group and I had to add them in the zmcustom.conf Then I was able to accept and open zm in the browser.

I don't have any cameras at home to test.. tried using an old android phone as an ip camera... I can get the stream in a browser but for some reason not able to get it to show in zm.

I may try this on an ODROID HC-1 at some point also.. I noticed your user name on some of the documentation I was reading on it.. any advice beforehand? I won't have one to play for a bit.. just ordered it today.

qxotic

Camera streaming

#29 Post by qxotic »

I got that figured out.. andoid phone is streaming to zoneminder.

Main change was to set the stream from the phone to lower resolution, and match that resolution in the zoneminder setup for that monitor.

This site had good screen shots of the setup.. and gleaned the need to match resolutions from questions posted to him.

https://bkjaya.wordpress.com/2015/11/28 ... oneminder/

It's good to see such progress! Thank you.