Things I've learnt this week

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else

Things I've learnt this week

#1 Post by Guest »

Basically nothing to do with computers and such

1. If you have a bad feeling about a trip....don't take it

2. Replace the oil filler cap

3. The further away from town you break down the less chance you have of someone pulling over to offer assistance.

4. Even tho it's freezing cold pushing a fully geared up bike 12km (7.5m) in full leathers will cause you to break out in a sweat.

5. Having no place to rest while help arrives other than a grassy riverbank will give you a chill.

6. Last but not least.......Never ever ever run away from those that love you.

7. Hmm I'll add to this after the bike doctor gives me a bill..........................

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

What a great story BladeH . . .
Yep misc becomes even more MISC

It reminds me of a time I had to travel by motorbike only 60 miles but a max of 15 MPH was barely possible (even at that speed I came off once) on Ice in snow . . . well it was Christmas . . . brrrr . . .

You seem a person of strong passions. That is good. You might take up Tantra to channel them effectively. I can create a special Sadhana (spiritual exercise) based on the "head banging meditation" should you require . . .
http://www.buddhanature.com/buddha/vajragarbha.html

. . .meanwhile some militant penguins are spotted in Germany
(incidentally that is another sort of Lobby that is mentioned)
http://www.boingboing.net/2005/08/19/pe ... ctivi.html

Anyways glad you are OK and back safely . . .
Last edited by Lobster on Sun 21 Aug 2005, 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

raffy

it is giving

#3 Post by raffy »

why run away from love when you have lots to give? expect nothing in return and the fear goes away.

wetterau

#4 Post by wetterau »

well said, raffy

The Rev

Wacky

#5 Post by The Rev »

Since we are being off topic, and people might be feeling lost.
I thought I would share my mopad mishap, well just one!
It was raining and I needed food supplies so I went out into what seemed a nice cloudy day.
Upon my leaving the local grocer, it had turned soggier than cap'n'crunch on a saturday morning cartoon marathon. Now my mopad and I were in a ugly situation, when turning right
to go home my mopad, well one of it's legs "wheel" spun out and needless to say so did mine.
Now it only hurts if you think about it I kept telling myself, but that turned out to be another
conspiracy theory! And the moral of this story is !!!caution slippery when wet!!!

And to reflect on some others comments, you always have somebody, even if you don't like
it. We are mere mortals, and I disagree all the time, but I am not HE so I can't be the decision maker.

Now let us begin the real topic, (wars and rumors of war) have you heard?

#6 Post by Guest »

Hey Blade, aren't you in Brissy? Tropical conditions! Try walking home from dinner in a freak blizzard in Canberra.