Wiki Search Appears Broken (Solved)

Using applications, configuring, problems
ozboomer

Wiki Search Appears Broken (Solved)

#1 Post by ozboomer »

I've tried entering my own username, I've tried entering 'dotpup'... Nothing is ever found.

Near as I can work out, this has happened sometime in the last few days - I certainly used the wiki search Ok this time last week.

FYI...

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

I can confirm the search is not working
I do not remember ever using it - clearly it does not work now . . .

Not quite sure why this would be - if someone wants to research the search wikka functions and prepare something for Barry to look at - let us know . . .

I did report (it has been cleared) one episode of potential spam to the person owning that page (it was in the comments) - hopefully it is nothing to do with that.

Any ideas on what might be happening are welcome.
Anyway thanks for reporting this - now to find the cause . . .

:)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Rich

#3 Post by Rich »

If the search function is not working then you should click on the Page Index tab at the top of the screen - All the contents of the Wiki in glorious A to Z format.

( I didn't know the Wiki had a search function !!!! )

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Ian »

Yes, there appears to be a problem with the Wiki, I found yesterday that when I tried to edit the Working Laptops in the Hardware section the html code broke.

When I did a preview It just showed the html code and not the tables so I did not edit it.

I did manage to delete a heap of comments in that section which I could not do before as the delete button on the comments was not visable, I added a comment about them needing to be removed a couple of days ago and yesterday when I went to that section the buttons were there so I don't know what is going on.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#5 Post by Lobster »

Could it be to do with the HTML?

I am quite comfortable with HTML but is seems to rather defeat the purpose of a wiki (which is to create a way of editing that simpler than HTML for everyone to use) So maybe that is effecting the search
[shrug] - just a thought

I am not saying it is this (I hope it is not as these pages are a great resource) - just asking . . .

Has anyone contacted the Wakka wiki IRC or similar? We need a search . . .
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Flash »

I'm with Rich on this one. It's news to me that the Wiki even has a search funtion. :O I've looked for one, without finding it, and even mentioned in the forum that the Wiki doesn't seem to have one.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#7 Post by BarryK »

Well, the goosee.com site hasn't run out of room.
They upped my limit to 500M awhile back, and currently using 185M.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#8 Post by Flash »

It appears that the Wiki search was screwed up by someone editing the Wiki search page. Perhaps it was not malicious. See this thread in "Announcements" for details.