2.15CE RC1 minor annoyance

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
lotech

2.15CE RC1 minor annoyance

#1 Post by lotech »

Hi there,

I said minor because I can live with it, but strange is that those flaw wasn't on earlier versions, it seems that when a new version comes out it bring alone improvement as well as already fixed old flaw/bugs ! may be Puppy is rushing out too quickly !?

Just a couple I want to mention.

1. When installing to USB flash, the CD need to be mounted manually, I remember I don't have to do that with old version.
2. There is no retry when USB flash has not plug in during installation, retry possible with old version.
3. Still hope to see desktop icon be arranged properly instead of changing place everytime reboot, the taskbar has no way to lock in place too.

Puppy is almost prefect too me, thanks for the hard work !
Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :wink:

WhoDo

Re: 2.15CE RC1 minor annoyance

#2 Post by WhoDo »

lotech wrote:1. When installing to USB flash, the CD need to be mounted manually, I remember I don't have to do that with old version.
I don't know why but I've noticed this often happens on some machines but not on others. It happens on my laptop, but not on my desktop.
lotech wrote:2. There is no retry when USB flash has not plug in during installation, retry possible with old version.
Not sure what you mean here. There is a refresh button in MUT and Pmount that should allow a USB device to be recognised as soon as it is properly inserted.
lotech wrote:3. Still hope to see desktop icon be arranged properly instead of changing place everytime reboot, the taskbar has no way to lock in place too.
To fix your desktop icons, right click on them, choose Edit Item and check the lock box. The taskbar, if you are talking about IceWM, requires a change to the preferences file to lock in position UNTIL NOW... Puppy 2.15CE RC4 includes a utility by Tronkel that will allow you to configure the position of your taskbar, among other things, and it will stay there until you change it again.
lotech wrote:Puppy is almost prefect too me, thanks for the hard work !
Hopefully you will come back after trying 2.15CE Final and say that it IS perfect ... no almost about it! :P
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

lotech

#3 Post by lotech »

Almost prefect or there will not be a new one again and again !
Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :wink: