puppylinux rockedge org Transitioning To

Using applications, configuring, problems
bigpup

#61 Post by bigpup »

From check on Google site check web page:
Safe Browsing site status
Google’s Safe Browsing technology examines billions of URLs per day lcheck_circleooking for unsafe websites. Every day, we discover thousands of new unsafe sites, many of which are legitimate websites that have been compromised. When we detect unsafe sites, we show warningscheck_circle on Google Search and in web browsers. You can search to see whether a website is currently dangerous to visit.
Check site status

http://murga-linux.com

Current status
No unsafe content found

Site info
This info was last updated on Jul 9, 2020.

Site safety can change over time. Check back for updates.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

wiak

Re: Eating My Words

#62 Post by wiak »

p310donGMAILtest wrote:Something's changed. Either Flash's attempts have seen some fruition, or gmail has made some kind of change for whatever reason, or maybe Big John has done a few tweaks silently in the background, but I have an email, sitting in my spam folder, for a gmail account
Nothing has changed as far as the registration email is concerned. I've double-checked - it has no valid SPF or DKIM certification, and no DMARC DNS record with at least a request for quarantin to spam. If being sent to spam than Gmail itself is doing that at the moment... However, fine and good if that is all you want (if it were possible for new registrants to realise they have to check their spam) and Gmail doesn't later choose to simply 'reject' as they might earlier have been doing. Let's hope, also, come November, the domain/hosting continues to be paid since it will be up for renewal.

The forum is important not because it at url murga-linux.com, rather it is the people who regularly use it that makes it important, and what url is used is totally unimportant.

The way it is organised (dis-organised) to help show its content IS important though: The Sections: "Taking the Puppy out for a walk" signifies no use for the myriad of other distros discussed on the forum, as do the subforums: "Puppy Project" and "Puppy Derivatives" since most of the other long-establed murga forum distros are neither projects about Puppy or derivatives of Puppy. If Flash or some other here has forum Administrator permissions then they have the ability to fix these anachronisms and are not representing all the forum membership if they do not do so.

wiak

enrique

#63 Post by enrique »

p310donGMAILtest wrote:Something's changed.
Googles is always listening...

Is this good? Not necessary, knowing Googles, at this very moment they are checking what will be the cost for another merge. If Google purchase the cloud where the murga server is at. Then Googles can close the forum for not meeting new Googles rules!

pcplague2

#64 Post by pcplague2 »

What happens if this forum is not renewed (in November) ?
Paulo Pestana <- All the way from Portugal 8)

Trobin

#65 Post by Trobin »

pcplague2 wrote:What happens if this forum is not renewed (in November) ?
Good question.
[url]http://speakpup.blogspot.com[/url]

bigpup

#66 Post by bigpup »

That is still the unanswered question.
Which forum is going to stay up and running?
Who is going to pay for it?
Who is going to keep paying for it, so it does stay up?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)