SlaXen 6.0-Compaq N400C-Xwin plantage au démarrage

Booting, installing, newbie
MichLeChti

SlaXen 6.0-Compaq N400C-Xwin plantage au démarrage

#1 Post by MichLeChti »

Je tente d'installer Linux sur un vieux PC, un Compaq Evo N400C, pentium P3, 512 MB (En fait je récupère des vieux PC pour les redistribuer à des familles très modestes). Je tente d'utiliser Puppy Linux. Lors du boot du CD, SlaXen lance XWin, le pointeur de la souris s'affiche, puis un trait blanc apparaît sur la gauche au milieu et XWin se plante. J'ai essayé de configurer le server graphique en spécifiant les mêmes caractéristiques que celles sous XP (il fonctionne très bien sous XP) qui sont ATI RAGE 1024x768. Mais même punition.
Comment faire ?

enrique

#2 Post by enrique »

There is a french area at: Pour les francophones

To help you here a Google translate of your post:
I am trying to install Linux on an old PC, a Compaq Evo N400C, pentium P3, 512 MB (In fact I recover old PCs to redistribute them to very modest families). I am trying to use Puppy Linux. When the CD starts, SlaXen launches XWin, the mouse pointer is displayed, then a white line appears on the left in the middle and XWin crashes. I tried to configure the graphics server by specifying the same characteristics as those in XP (it works very well in XP) which are ATI RAGE 1024x768. But even punishment.
How to do ?
Uhm! Old PC/ Old French Puppy
To discover Xorg errors, Try reading the logs and finding errors at
/var/log/Xorg.0.log
/var/log/Xorg.0.log.old

You can always try a few other Puppy to see if Xorg boots. Like Xenial or tahrup. The it is C&P the working Xorg config.

Semme

#3 Post by Semme »

:D Welcome MichLeChti!

Please, avoid outdated spins. Instead, see here.
So what are the minimum and suggested requirements to run antiX?
  • antiX should run on most computers, ranging from 192MB old PII systems with pre-configured 128MB swap to the latest powerful boxes.
  • antiX-core and antiX-net will run with 128MB RAM plus swap, but don’t expect miracles!
You want a distro that can serve up todays web with the least amount of user input. :wink:
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<