"Allied Telesyn" usb network adapter won't work

Booting, installing, newbie
Umweltschutz

"Allied Telesyn" usb network adapter won't work

#1 Post by Umweltschutz »

I tried to use puppy on an older IBM notebook with 192 mb and I use an usb ethernet adapter from Allied Telesyn. The adapter works under Ubuntu without problems.

#2 Post by Guest »

Yeah ?

That's a shame

(a bit more info would get some helpful responses)

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Re: "Allied Telesyn" usb network adapter won't wor

#3 Post by Lobster »

Umweltschutz wrote:I tried to use puppy on an older IBM notebook with 192 mb and I use an usb ethernet adapter from Allied Telesyn. The adapter works under Ubuntu without problems.
Bladehunter is chief trainer on the Puppy Diplomancy and Helping Paw Welcome Comittee - NOT!
However he is one of our most knowledgeable and helpful Puppys if you can get past the [grrr . . .]

Puppy is not Ubuntu and is much smaller and does not have the recognition facilities of some distros (though BladeH for one is working on it) - if you can provide more details then we will try and help

:)

Down BladeH - Bad Puppy! So fierce . . .
He won't hurt you . . . In fact he most likely will be more help then anyone . . .

Welcome to the Kennels - Did you bring Puppy treats (and a tranquilliser gun)?

8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

danleff

#4 Post by danleff »

The problem is that there are hundreds of models and makes out there. This is complicated by the fact that manufacturers often change the chipsets that they use in the same models of their products.

If you give the model number and revision number of the adapter, this may help. Is it the AT-WCU200G/NA001 or NA020?

What model of IBM laptop do you have? Mine is a Thinkpad R-30.
I love it when a plan comes together

--Hannibal Smith