Saved Session Won't Boot

Using applications, configuring, problems
jstone00

Saved Session Won't Boot

#1 Post by jstone00 »

Greetings,
I have downloaded and burned, both to CD and DVD, the Puppy ISO 2.14. It boots perfectly the first time, but after I make any changes and save them to either the CD or DVD, it will no longer boot. I can see that the changes have been saved to the CD or DVD from Windows XP, but the darn thing is un-bootable! I've never had this problem with Puppy before. Any ideas? Thanks

P.S. Interestingly, when I use a "WakePup" floppy to boot, everything works as it should and my saved session(s) are loaded.

Pence

#2 Post by Pence »

I tried Puppy ISO 2.14 on CD and got the same result.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

I bet if you save to the DVD again, after you boot with the floppy, the DVD will boot after that.

Or, you can try skipping the last saved session by entering

Code: Select all

puppy pfix=1
at the boot prompt. If the DVD then boots, save that session and Puppy will ignore the bad session from then on.

jstone00

#4 Post by jstone00 »

Flash wrote:I bet if you save to the DVD again, after you boot with the floppy, the DVD will boot after that.

Or, you can try skipping the last saved session by entering

Code: Select all

puppy pfix=1
at the boot prompt. If the DVD then boots, save that session and Puppy will ignore the bad session from then on.
Thank you for the suggestion; I tried exactly this, but Puppy still wouldn't boot. The only way it'll boot now is if I use the floppy.