Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 25 Apr 2014, 02:10
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Puppy 2.15CE "Viz" - Look and Feel
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 6 of 7 [93 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
WhoDo

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2007, 08:18    Post subject:  Sneek Peek - Puppy 215CE Final
Subject description: ...just to show that I listen to what the community wants...

If there was anything negative said about Puppy 2.15CE RC1, it was that some didn't like the boxer puppy icon. That's ok, it's not to everyone's taste but it filled the gap for RC1. Here now is where I think we should be going for Puppy 2.15CE Final. Any comments?

Notice the beautiful "shadow" from the Abiword icon on the desktop gives the image depth and makes the ice icons "float" above the desktop? Razz

Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2007, 08:27    Post subject:  

Spot on

One of the advantages of the icons is they do work on brighter desktops but the dark ones give the glas icons a hue based on their shade . . .

richard.a

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2007, 08:28    Post subject:  

Looks good to me. You've done a great job.

Did you see the short list of vagiaries I encountered? I may have posted it in the wrong place, but I see 80 visits have been recorded but no answers.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=16593

Bed time here. Nite all Smile

Richard in Adelaide.

WhoDo

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2007, 08:35    Post subject:  

richard.a wrote:
Did you see the short list of vagiaries I encountered? I may have posted it in the wrong place, but I see 80 visits have been recorded but no answers.

Bedtime there? You're 2 hours behind me and I have daylight saving still operating! Talk about needing a beauty sleep! Razz

I saw the list on one flying visit and then couldn't find it again to comment. Now that you have offered a link, I'll have a look at it and offer my responses ... tomorrow ... sometime .... when I eventually wake up .... if I eventually wake up ...zzzzzzzzzzz

Shocked Was that a micro-sleep?

richard.a

PostPosted: Fri 23 Mar 2007, 19:35    Post subject:  

WhoDo wrote:
Bedtime there? You're 2 hours behind me and I have daylight saving still operating! Talk about needing a beauty sleep! Razz

Well us oldies do things a lot slower I guess.

Bedtime starts with fun with the cats (a 3yo and a baby), then watering the garden before it gets to 11pm which is curfew time for hoses in our water crisis situation.

Then a cuppa and maybe a sandwich, and if I feel like it, check mail, say night to my South African friend on IRC who is in the early afternoon local time, and perhaps my US east coast IRC friend who may be up and about...

We oldies do take our time. Usually its 11 by the time I crawl into bed lol Smile Very Happy

Richard

cb88

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2007, 20:24    Post subject:  

I have a vista blue theme I have been working on how can I upload it Confused ?
So far the right window border doesn't work properly and the buttons on inactive windows don't change on mouse over.
The theme is 137k zipped
WhoDo

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2007, 22:15    Post subject:  

cb88 wrote:
I have a vista blue theme I have been working on how can I upload it Confused ?
So far the right window border doesn't work properly and the buttons on inactive windows don't change on mouse over.
The theme is 137k zipped

Just attach it to your post here and I'll download and have a look, or send me a PM with the theme attached. Once it's debugged you can upload to puppystuff.

Cheers

cb88

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2007, 22:55    Post subject:  

there is a screenshot in the puppy 2.xx screenschots with the Vista Blue theme I made. As I said before suggestions are welcome.
Edit:I fogot to tell you that I also changed those X icons in the window title bars I have read many complaints about those. I cleared out all the irrelevant clutter in my post. basically when uploading click add attachment and not submit then click submit Smile . This theme is not finished so it has bugs (some things don't render properly) even though as far as I can tell myself it is complete.
Vista_blue_cb88_test1.tar.gz
Description 
gz

Download 
Filename  Vista_blue_cb88_test1.tar.gz 
Filesize  136.17 KB 
Downloaded  634 Time(s) 
WhoDo

PostPosted: Wed 28 Mar 2007, 05:13    Post subject:  Puppy 2.15CE - RC3 First Looks
Subject description: Just to whet the appetites....

Here is a screenshot of what could be released this weekend as Puppy 2.15CE RC3. Enjoy!

WhoDo

PostPosted: Wed 28 Mar 2007, 07:56    Post subject:  

cb88 wrote:
there is a screenshot in the puppy 2.xx screenschots with the Vista Blue theme I made. As I said before suggestions are welcome.

Hi cb88,

I've had a play with your Vista Blue theme, but I have no idea why that right hand window border isn't rendering correctly. Confused

As far as suggestions, I'd stick with simply reversing the buttons for active/inactive windows, and get rid of the colored borders to those buttons - black only. Too many colors will detract from your very nice blue theme. What about a blue puppy paw in place of the X logo?

Apart from the weird rendering on the window frame, it looks good. Might be worth reverting to a normal frame and making your statement with the title bar instead?

Cheers

gliezl

PostPosted: Wed 28 Mar 2007, 20:35    Post subject:  

wonderful screenshots! Very Happy
Excellent work Warren. Smile

richard.a

PostPosted: Wed 28 Mar 2007, 20:45    Post subject:  

gliezl, yes. As we used to say "back home", "he's a good lad" lol Smile Very Happy

I think you got us all thinking with your original proposal too.

Richard

richard.a

PostPosted: Thu 29 Mar 2007, 20:17    Post subject:
Subject description: Face-lift for MUT, please?

This is a "Look and Feel" thought that I haven't seen voiced here - or for the overall Puppy project, either. Doesn't mean nobody has voiced it, just that I've missed it, if it has been.

I've been meaning to get round to posting it for months, but I somehow never get any of Warren's ellusive "tuits".

MUT.

I like the concept. However, I do think the GUI needs a face-lift, bringing it up to date visually, perhaps a change in background colour would help.

Certainly a change in the font size - or maybe the ability to change the font size.

What do you reckon?

Richard

richard.a

PostPosted: Thu 29 Mar 2007, 20:22    Post subject: Re: Sneek Peek - Puppy 215CE Final
Subject description: ...just to show that I listen to what the community wants...

WhoDo wrote:
Here now is where I think we should be going for Puppy 2.15CE Final. Any comments?

Notice the beautiful "shadow" from the Abiword icon on the desktop gives the image depth and makes the ice icons "float" above the desktop? Razz

Warren, yes, that's what I'm looking forward to, fully working Smile

And yes, I do think the icons are absolutely gorgeous. Didn't really care for them to begin with, but they grow on you. Very glad you took that punt and weren't discouraged by flack from the rest of us Smile

Richard

WhoDo

PostPosted: Thu 29 Mar 2007, 20:37    Post subject:
Subject description: Face-lift for MUT, please?

richard.a wrote:
This is a "Look and Feel" thought that I haven't seen voiced ...[snip]... MUT.

I like the concept. However, I do think the GUI needs a face-lift, bringing it up to date visually, perhaps a change in background colour would help.

Certainly a change in the font size - or maybe the ability to change the font size.

I believe BarryK was going to try and rebuild MUT since Jesse hasn't been around for a while. I don't know where that's up to. In the meantime Pmount has been overhauled and has many of the GUI features you're enquiring about. There is very little to choose between the two at the moment, except that sometimes one will "see" a drive that the other doesn't.

Hope that helps.

Page 6 of 7 [93 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: