WiFi for 2.15CE "Viz"?

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
dsearles

WiFi for 2.15CE "Viz"?

#1 Post by dsearles »

Will the wifi-beta.pup which works in 2.13 also work in 2.15 CE "Viz"? If not, is there a new procedure for getting WiFi operational in 2.15 CE?

mysticmarks

of course there Viz!

#2 Post by mysticmarks »

first run the connection wizard on the desktop.

pick option 2 (by network interface)

see if you can see any entries in the interfaces section now (ie- ath0, eth0, etc)

if you show 2, then try clicking the one you believe to be wireless. if puppy sees it as such it will say so.

try following the rest of the wizard instructions

if that fails, then this is my run around for now.

now, i havent been able to get this wizard to work and setup any of my 5 wirelsess machines correctly. HOWEVER!, it WILL make them show up for the network menu tool RutilT gadget. exit the wizard if it doesnt work. Run RutliT from the network menu. click through the tabs and see if your card shows up and is reading the wireless networks in your area. if it is, thn pick the one you need, and click the add profile button to finalize the settings. once that is done, click the radio button next to the profile youve setup and click the apply button. watch for the trayicons. If you see the standard network connection icon and a wireless icon come up and show waves instead of a big red slash, then you should be fine. check for internet access. if you got it, you can close the RutilT (the wireless icon will close, thats ok). you should maintan the connection. unfortunately RutilT requires a setup at each start for me, as i use wep and ascii passkey. If you get it configured to your liking, search the forum for a method to add RutilT to the boot up. (i dont do it, but i know its out there) Hope this helps! :)

dsearles

#3 Post by dsearles »

Got it working... I had to add the Windows driver using ndiswrapper then add a few lines to rc.local to modprobe ndiswrapper and get a DHCP address during bootup. It's all good. Thanks!