Does not release memory when apps close

Using applications, configuring, problems
lotech

Does not release memory when apps close

#1 Post by lotech »

I am using the 2.15CE and it worked fine, the memory usage is little lower than the beta, but it doesn't seem to release the memory when apps close, I still got critically low memory need to reboot to release it.
Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :wink:

WhoDo

Re: Does not release memory when apps close

#2 Post by WhoDo »

lotech wrote:I am using the 2.15CE and it worked fine, the memory usage is little lower than the beta, but it doesn't seem to release the memory when apps close, I still got critically low memory need to reboot to release it.
If you are relying on the freememapplet in the taskbar to determine "memory" usage, then you may not be seeing memory at all - you may be seeing free space in the pup_save.2fs file. You may need to increase the size of that file so that any application settings, and in particular cache for your web browser, have room in which to be stored.

You can adjust the size of your pup_save.2fs file by selecting the utility from the menu, and rebooting after you have chosen the new size. Puppy needs to resize that file at boot time.

If you want to see actual "memory" usage, meaning RAM, then you need to use the Puppy information utility under Control Panel.

Hope that helps
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

lotech

#3 Post by lotech »

Thanks I missed that, my personal storage file still have 200M left, increase that doesn't help.
Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :wink: