GNUCash for Puppy - sfs file - where to upload?

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
craftybytes

GNUCash for Puppy - sfs file - where to upload?

#1 Post by craftybytes »

Hi,

tronkel and asl4u (puppy forum members) - both were asking questions in this forum about GNUCash - and for use in Puppy..

Well I have just finished my 1st attempt at making an '.sfs' file - and converted GNUCash v1.8.10-12 (Debian) PLUS all 'dependencies' - to hopefully work on Puppy - into an '.sfs' file..

As GNUCash + dependencies when expanded out and placed into the 'relevant' folders suitable for Puppy use - it sized out at just over 82MB..

So decided to convert it to a 'squashfs' file ('.sfs') that can be used in the new SFS file setup for Puppy - now down to 24MB in size..

For puppy users interested in using this - WHERE CAN I UPLOAD IT TO - please..?

TIA.
Last edited by craftybytes on Fri 13 Apr 2007, 08:14, edited 1 time in total.
3 x boot:- ASROCK VIA 'all-in-one' m/b; AMD Duron 1.8Ghz+; 1.0GB RAM; 20GB hdd (WinXP Pro); 80GB hdd (MEPIS 3.4-3/Puppy v2.15CE Frugal); 1GB USB pendrive (Puppy 2.15CE Frugal); CD/DVDRW; 17" LCD monitor; HSF 56k modem... MEPIS is great.. Puppy ROCKS..

tronkel

GNU cash

#2 Post by tronkel »

HI Craftybytes,

Sounds like good work to me. Well done. Will be appreciated by many Puppy users.

I have also made a few sfs files recently that have kindly been hosted by MU.

Simply for reasons of politeness it would be nice to send him a PM and tell him what you have managed to achieve. I'm sure it will be no problem to host this. I will be the first user to download it!

Cheers

Tronkel
Life is too short to spend it in front of a computer

craftybytes

#3 Post by craftybytes »

Hi tronkel,

Thanks for the reply.. Making the '.sfs' file for GNUCash took me around 4.5 hours - it be an humungous prog to get all sorted out - especially for use on Puppy..

Anyway - will certainly do the PM to MU..

I did forget to mention that as I'm on dialup 56k only - I may have to find someone local who has broadband access and see if I can do the upload via them - otherwise I see a long time to do it with dialup - 24MB - could be several hours (if it is uninterrupted that is) ..!!

Here's hoping..
3 x boot:- ASROCK VIA 'all-in-one' m/b; AMD Duron 1.8Ghz+; 1.0GB RAM; 20GB hdd (WinXP Pro); 80GB hdd (MEPIS 3.4-3/Puppy v2.15CE Frugal); 1GB USB pendrive (Puppy 2.15CE Frugal); CD/DVDRW; 17" LCD monitor; HSF 56k modem... MEPIS is great.. Puppy ROCKS..

asl4u

GNUCash!!??!!

#4 Post by asl4u »

Holy Cow - Awesome and Wow!!!
I'm a happy puppy over here- thank you so much for bending my learning curve! thank you thank you thank you!

ASL4U

raffy

Thanks!

#5 Post by raffy »

Thanks a lot, craftbytes, I just sent you a PM.

Please specify the Puppy version for which you prepared this - it is an important detail for the user.

Cheers!
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

craftybytes

#6 Post by craftybytes »

raffy,

yep - you be right - I have Puppy v2.14 installed - and prepared the GNUCash_1810_12.sfs file on it - BUT - as all I did was to 'undeb' a whole heap of debian files to the 'folders' in each, then 'merged' all the same folders together (including the 'dependency' files), then checked the resulting folder contents against that of Puppy (v2.14) to ensure that there be no "clashes" of same files / different versions occurring, then just made up the '.sfs' file and then checked that it "installs" in my Puppy OK - then made the posting to the forum advising of availability..

I would say that as the '.sfs' file format really did not come into full use in Puppy untill Puppy 2.14 - that it should be suitable for use in Puppy 2.14 and above..

HTH..

craftybytes

#7 Post by craftybytes »

To all,

Just a thought - as I did not do any 'compiling' for the GNUCash prog when I made up the '.sfs' file - the debian files for GNUCash that I used are suitable for a kernel v2.6.15.x - then I would assume that the '.sfs' file that I made up should most probably be OK for use in earlier versions of Puppy - at least those no earlier that kernel 2.6.15.x - I'm not sure what kernel versions were used in earlier 2.x Puppies..

I would say for those not sure using 2.x puppies - just try it and see..

HTH.