ftp://ibiblio.ort 550 error message

Using applications, configuring, problems
Fiberflinger

ftp://ibiblio.ort 550 error message

#1 Post by Fiberflinger »

Been getting this for days. Unable to download pups.

fttp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/puppylinux/pupget-packages-1/: no such file or directory

Anybody know what's going on?

ff

bostonvaulter

#2 Post by bostonvaulter »

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/BostonVaulter/avatar/puppybar.png[/img]

sunburnt

#3 Post by sunburnt »

But I've connected to them for a number of other projects that they host!

This page lists LOTS of distros., BUT NOT Puppy!

ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/

It seems that Puppy Linux has been lost by IBIBLIO.com

Fiberflinger

#4 Post by Fiberflinger »

Got what I needed at:

http://puppyfiles.org/dotpupsde/dotpups/

All my packages have disappeared from my Pup-get. Anybody have any suggestions about that one?

keilor

#5 Post by keilor »

Same as above.

purple_ghost

Perhaps....

#6 Post by purple_ghost »

When you did the first install of a dot pup you told it to always delete the dot pup when the install was finished. ????

If you are using Puppy 2.14. Aren't you supposed to be using the type two, as in Pet Get??

If you bought the CD for 2.14 from Barry. I thought the Pet Gets were on the CD. altho some have been upgraded. Also the Dot Pups from like MU's site may not be on the CD. ?????

Bruce B

#7 Post by Bruce B »

sunburnt wrote:But I've connected to them for a number of other projects that they host!

At the time of this post everything is in order. Look for puppylinux, its right there.

Billwho?
Trialing 4.20

#8 Post by Billwho? »

Bruce B wrote:
sunburnt wrote:But I've connected to them for a number of other projects that they host!

At the time of this post everything is in order. Look for puppylinux, its right there.
It seems that the servers crashed so hard ibilio decided to install new hardware. Maybe they finally got the Puppy files uploaded to the new server between these two posts.
Linux = Learning through doing :shock: :? :D
The learning curve may be steep but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
You just have to pass the occasional oncoming train to get there.

Fiberflinger

#9 Post by Fiberflinger »

Well I would like to reinstall Scribus, but I can't find the address for it. (since it is no longer in my pupget) I don't know what happened to pupget. There are a few things that moved around without my say so or knowledge:)

It Lives.

purple_ghost

Try.

#10 Post by purple_ghost »

Create a folder name downloads. Put the Pet Gets, Dot Pups in it. Then copy them some place else before installing. If you are using. Puppy 2.14. Then use the Pet Packages-2. Maybe someone can tell us the consequences of using the Dot Pups for Puppy 1.?? in Puppy 2+.

ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributio ... .2.4.1.pet

Fiberflinger

#11 Post by Fiberflinger »

No, I'm using 2.13. Wouldn't know how to get 2.14 upgrade.

purple_ghost

Once again.

#12 Post by purple_ghost »

I said something that was only partially accurate.

DOH. Obviously Dot Pet was meant to be the system for 2.14. I am not sure which Dot Pups to use for 2.13. ??????

I find the ibiblio site is now back up with Puppy. I get to Puppy by starting at the

http://www.puppyos.com/download/downpage.htm

If you would want to upgrade. You would want the later Puppy 2.15 CE, which has all the patches for 2.14.
You probably do not want to upgrade anyway. My experience is that the automatic upgrade, does not work really well. More likely to be another install from the beginning. Which is why it is so neat to just use Puppy Linux as a live CD. I can change the name of a current Puppy persistent file. Re-install. Then I can still have the old version if I have problems with the new Puppy. Or keep the new version.

Besides. While getting Puppy with a dial up connection is not fun. It is very doable. I have found that I can use Windows with the "Free Download Manager." Yes, "Free Download Manager" is the exact name of the Windows based application program. I can start the download when I go to sleep at night, (if there is no storm threatening outside). It runs until my ISP logs me off. Because of the eagerness of my ISP to keep proving to me that I am not paying for an always on connection means doing the download takes a few tries. However. Puppy 2.15 CE is much larger, likely to take more hours. As I said before. I think I will put on my backpack and trek up to the University to use their computers, and fast connections to Download 2.15 CE.

Excuse me, I used a bad word. Windows. I must go and wash my mouth out with soap.