usb sound working in 2.14 not in 2.15

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer audio hardware
aussieg

usb sound working in 2.14 not in 2.15

#1 Post by aussieg »

First as a long time computer user since the 70s who is now shifting to Linux from windows and who tried many live cds Puppy is by far the best to use straight off. Eg D-link w122 set up easily with some forum reading.
modprobe rt73
ifconfig rausb0 up
and it works unlike the page long setups from other distros

I have an edirol ua25 usb sound card/box.

With 2.14 no sound at first, but using the alsa wizard it saw 4 options one of which was the usb sound which when pressed configured made the sound work for everything internet, cds, default player.

But with 2.15 the alsa wizard only saw 2 options with no usb listed.

looking at usbview the edirol is there in 2.15 but in red not in black.

What do I have to do to bring it to life in 2.15 and second how can i make the settings permanent in 2.14 and 2.15 (if it can be enabled).

Again thanks to barry for 2.14 those involved in the ce version. As a methodical accountant I looked widely and none of the others came close

John Doe

#2 Post by John Doe »

aussieg

alsa and usb working in 2.15ce

#3 Post by aussieg »

Thanks for yr reply, bu maybe due to my newness in Linux I entered the code incorrectly but when I open tha alsa sound wizard it came up with a syntax error.

As Whodo had given me this patch which worked I did n't continue experimenting with yr code but again thanks for the prompt help which is typical of this site

link to patch http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 457#110457