2.15CE final - how do I uninstall Forcastfox?

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Flash
Official Dog Handler

2.15CE final - how do I uninstall Forcastfox?

#1 Post by Flash »

I really don't want Forecastfox. The weather around here is pretty predictable. If I want to know the weather somewhere else I can look it up. Nearly every web page is already cluttered with distracting (to me anyway) eye candy. Forecastfox only adds to the clutter. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks. :)

stlchuck

ForecastFox

#2 Post by stlchuck »

Since Forecast Fox is a Firefox extension rather than an application, I would expect that if you bring up the list of extensions you should find an option to remove it from the list. This usually means that you have to first click the remove box and then restart Firefox. Should be the same in Seamonkey but I don't use that browser if I can avoid it so can't say for sure. At work right now on a Windows machine so can't pull it up to check. Hope this helps.

WhoDo

Re: 2.15CE final - how do I uninstall Forcastfox?

#3 Post by WhoDo »

Flash wrote:I really don't want Forecastfox. ...[snip]... How do I get rid of it?
Quick and easy:

Right click on ForecastFox, choose Options, General and make the display placement "Personal Toolbar", then use the Seamonkey View menu to hide the Personal toolbar.

Slow and complete:

Go to /root/.mozilla/default/{rubbish.slt}/extensions/ and delete the folder named {lots-of-rubbish-numbers-letters-etc} and that should be that. If not, you may have to also delete /root/.mozilla/default/{rubbish.slt}/forecastfox folder.

Hope that helps.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

stlchuck

Extensions

#4 Post by stlchuck »

I was right in one respect - managing, adding, and deleting extensions in Firefox is one heck of a lot simpler than messing about with SeaMonkey. Lack of compatibilty for add ons and extensions is the main reason I refuse to use SeaMonkey - the first thing I did was download the full web .sfs file and make Firefox the default browser! I'd almost rather be stuck with Internet Explorer like I am at work than use SeaMonkey.

All kidding aside - kudos for a job well done to the 2.15CE crew - a beautiful result that has become my new preferred Linux distro. This puppy is going to get a serious workout.

perixx

#5 Post by perixx »

I used 'Extension uninstaller' to try to get rid of Forecastfox - result: Seamonkey was stripped of all crucial menu bars!
Can't even access other tabs or email prog now... darn!
Now I've got to reinstall everything again .... aarrrr!!

perixx

perixx

#6 Post by perixx »

Could I simply uninstall Seamonkey and update with (newer 1.1.1 Version) pupget? How could I accomplish that?

perixx

mdh160

#7 Post by mdh160 »

I had the same problem and solved it by deleting Seamonkey and installing Swiftfox. If you want to keep Seamonkey, I have no suggestions, sorry.