Running Puppy from Virtual PC

Please post any bugs you have found
bubbacola2000

Running Puppy from Virtual PC

#1 Post by bubbacola2000 »

Do not know if this is a Bug or not - but when running the ISO within Virtual PC it reports back that there is no physical drive available to install the information file on - giving the option to identify the USB device available.

I typed in hda1 and then Puppy proceeded to load the USB device driver and used hda1 as the place to put the file anyway. This works OK for the standard Puppy ISO - but the Chubby Puppy ISO reported error.

just though I would pass this on. Was real easy to configure for the Net using your config tool - surprised how easy Virtual PC sent the DHCP info over to it.

Nice little OS!

bubbacola2000

Worked out problem with Chubby Puppy

#2 Post by bubbacola2000 »

Chubby Puppy also works now in Virtual PC - I needed to increase amount of available RAM to 224MB instead of the standard 128MB. Both versions work fine on the Virtual Disk after installing to the Virtual Disk with no problems in finding the correct Disk. So a slight "bug" if you will - but an easy enough workaround.

(i.e. create a Virtual Disk of 1GB - partition into a 400MB Disk and extended partition of 600MB, with a logical drive - letting Puppy setup the ext2 file system on the extended and use GRUB for the boot loader - be sure to sys the first partition using MSDOS - after formatting both partitions) - Since VPC only uses the Disk in a Dynamic expanding role - end up with about 290MB folder/drive.