Aircrack-ptw pet package

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
gdemonta

Aircrack-ptw pet package

#1 Post by gdemonta »

Following Flash's post, I read about WEP encryption breaches (when it reaches this high, we can call it a breach!), I read about aircrack-ptw, which can be found here and would be very interested to use it, if someone would be so kind to compile it.... The only dependency is the libpcap development files but if I'm not mistaken, they are already included in puppy.
I also wanted to point out that the aircrack-ng found here doesn't work(with puppy 2.14)! I succeeded in installing it by finding a Debian package.
Thanks a lot in advance!
[color=blue]Dumbledore: "The evidence of the Dark Lord's return is incontrovertible"[/color]
IBM X31 - Puppy 2.16 Hard disk install with EZpup

gdemonta

#2 Post by gdemonta »

Hi everyone,
I've made it! I compiled my first package! Here you are, aircrack-ptw-1.0.0, a wep cracking tool which allows you test the effectiveness of the protection of your wifi network.
I have inserted in the package the libpcap0.8-dev_0.9.5 libraries needed to make it work.
Hope it will be useful for someone. MU, would it be possible to put in dotpups.de?
Thanks a lot!!
Attachments
aircrack-ptw-1.0.0.pet
(151.72 KiB) Downloaded 7639 times
[color=blue]Dumbledore: "The evidence of the Dark Lord's return is incontrovertible"[/color]

twointo1

#3 Post by twointo1 »

Thanks for PTW. Where did you find the compiled copy of aircrack-ng?

Sorry, it's in a previous posting of yours. Again, thanks, this could be fun!

jonyo

#4 Post by jonyo »

Sounds cool & thx. I'm gonna try it. What pup does it work in? i'm in 2.15 live CD.

Hear the word alot but dunno nuttin about compiling & sounds cool too :D What are the basics of it & how did you go about it?

gdemonta wrote:Hi everyone,
I've made it! I compiled my first package! Here you are, aircrack-ptw-1.0.0, a wep cracking tool which allows you test the effectiveness of the protection of your wifi network.
I have inserted in the package the libpcap0.8-dev_0.9.5 libraries needed to make it work.
Hope it will be useful for someone. MU, would it be possible to put in dotpups.de?
Thanks a lot!!

gdemonta

#5 Post by gdemonta »

Hi Jonyo,
Well I use it with 2.14, haven't tried it with 2.16 yet. Please give feedback if you use it.
Compiling simple apps is kind of simple:
look here for installing what you need to compile and here to know how to create a pet package.
hope that helps,
Guillaume

pitufo1972

aircrack in 2.17

#6 Post by pitufo1972 »

hi,

I've installed your package on puppy 2.17 but it doesn't create a menu entry and I can't manage to find where it installs the software
do you have any clue in which directory it is ?

tx,
pitufo.

gdemonta

#7 Post by gdemonta »

Hola Pitufo,
there is no menu entry. It can only be used with command line, typing airmon-ng, aircrack-ng. For the full how to, go to www.aircrack-ng.org

otorolinux

#8 Post by otorolinux »

Hi All,

I've read the entire Aircrack-ng FAQ, Installs, etc.. but still have trouble with installation of Aircrack-ng on Puppy. I've downloaded the latest Aircrack-ng source file, extracted, but when the steps require "Make, Make Install" Puppy will say command not found?

Installed the Aircrack-ng Pet, but I'm not sure how to use it as it does not have a menu. My WiFi card is working fine with Puppy.

This is my first experience with Puppy, actually Linux for that matter... please advise.

Thanks in advance\.

thefixer

thanks

#9 Post by thefixer »

thanks a lot, this is like one of those mandatory things for a mobile os such as this, its the wifi swiss knife, aircrack-ng suite, mandatory, period, thank you.

neurino

#10 Post by neurino »

Since last pet is 3 years old I've compiled latest version 1.1
Attachments
aircrack-ng_DOC-1.1-i486.pet
DOCS
md5sum: d1375f42b1416a798d61e590e9690276
(16.59 KiB) Downloaded 2882 times

thefixer

whoops

#11 Post by thefixer »

Well theres an issue This isnt a complete Aircrack SUITE, all this is, is well, Aircrack-ng, pretty much useless without the rest of the suite if you ask me

Aircrack-ng will run HOWEVER

These dont work as they should
Aireplay-ng <--- used for arp replay and packet injection ect
Airmon-ng <---used to put card into monitor mode
Airpdump-ng <--forpacket capture

Ive been cracking weps for years with backtrack so Im quite familiar with its usage. Any ideas? Was aireplay and airmon ommitted from this latest compiled bin?

neurino

Re: whoops

#12 Post by neurino »

thefixer wrote:Well theres an issue This isnt a complete Aircrack SUITE, all this is, is well, Aircrack-ng, pretty much useless without the rest of the suite if you ask me

Aircrack-ng will run HOWEVER

These dont work as they should
Aireplay-ng <--- used for arp replay and packet injection ect
Airmon-ng <---used to put card into monitor mode
Airpdump-ng <--forpacket capture

Ive been cracking weps for years with backtrack so Im quite familiar with its usage. Any ideas? Was aireplay and airmon ommitted from this latest compiled bin?
I see some executables are in /usr/local/sbin that's not in PATH so you have to do call them with full path or make symlinks.
Honestly I crashed upon patching ath5k drivers so ended removing the pet and have it not installed ATM

P.S.: if someone could provide aircrack-ng patched ath5k drivers compiled in puppy, as long as other drivers it would be nice!

thefixer

ahhh

#13 Post by thefixer »

Ok thanks they are in diff directories, ok, well hey, have you tried just using madwifi drivers?

I downloaded the pet for madwifi, havent tried yet.

But google this file?

madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6-r3861-k2.6.25.16.pet

Now that I know where the directories are I will run some tests and post my results here cracking wep

neurino

Re: ahhh

#14 Post by neurino »

thefixer wrote: have you tried just using madwifi drivers?
Reading aircrack documentations appears I have to use patched ath5k drivers to get my Atheros AR5001X+ able to inject.

But it's quite hard to understand for a newbie, would madwifi driver work instead of patched ath5k? Some easy resource to read?

WB7ODYFred

Missing "iw" for airmon-ng. Configure MAC80211 Stack

#15 Post by WB7ODYFred »

I used the above aircrack pet pkg and it was missing IW. So I added a pet package containing IW. The original iw.tar.bz2 file and the python progam wifite.py that runs with python2.6 or python2.7
Here is iw compiled and tested on Lucid Puppy 5.2.8 Aircrack-ng-1.1.pet that Idownloaded from an above forum post and installed, needed iw.
I used the above aircrack-ng-1.1.pet and it was missing iw
airmon-ng uses iw to configure the mac80211 linux wireless stack to monitor wireless signals.
This wifite.py program automates cracking WEP.
http://code.google.com/p/wifite
When Missing iw Please download and install iw from
http://dl.aircrack-ng.org/iw.tar.bz2 or
http://wireless.kernel.org/download/iw/

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id= ... talling_iw
Enjoy using iw, Aircrack-ng and wifite.py !
Fred
After creating this forum post. I found the latest version iw-3.6 Dated Aug 4 2012. I have added those files here.
February 25, 2013 add files airodump-ng and several others.
Attachments
iw-3.6-i486.pet
Pet file to install /sbin/iw version 3.6 August 4 2012
(42.24 KiB) Downloaded 1807 times
iw-3.6.tar.bz2
August 4, 2012 Version 3.6 iw original file from wireless.kernel.org
(64.22 KiB) Downloaded 1225 times
wifite.tar.gz
Wifite.py file tar compressed gunzip for automating aircrack-ng attacks.
(26.22 KiB) Downloaded 1499 times
iw.tar.bz2
Here is the tar ball I downloaded and compiled the iw-1.0-i486.pet package below.
(9.91 KiB) Downloaded 1139 times
iw-1.0-i486.pet
Here is the compiled executable file &quot;iw&quot; that gets installed to /sbin/iw
(8.59 KiB) Downloaded 1565 times
Last edited by WB7ODYFred on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 06:49, edited 1 time in total.

tima

#16 Post by tima »

thanks gdemonta, your "aircrack-ptw-1.0.0.pet" work in last relase Precise 5.4.1, it don't need other pkg!! tested on 3 different wep!!! good job!

konsult

#17 Post by konsult »

okej, this pet is old, i tried it and i get:

# aircrack-ptw wep-01.cap
This is aircrack-ptw 1.0.0
For more informations see http://www.cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/aircrack-ptw/
allocating a new table
bssid = mybssid keyindex=0
stats for bssid mybssid keyindex=0 packets=2175
#

aircrack-ng has already found it