Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 02 Sep 2014, 05:42
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Cafe' Puppy...
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 2 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
acklan

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug 2005, 09:35    Post subject:  

Yes Barry that was what I had in mind. I wanted to take it one step futher. Make a verison where it's DHCP only and the only thing that could be entered would be a user name and password. Try to take the stupid factor out. I retire in 5 years(way too soon) and this would be something nice to do.

I hope that bad girl stays out in the gulf. New Orleans is 22 ft below sea level.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
acklan

PostPosted: Sun 28 Aug 2005, 16:24    Post subject:  

I think I have found someone who will invest. We are going to try it near LSU. Thats the talk. I'll let you know if he can come up with the cash.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Mon 29 Aug 2005, 08:05    Post subject:  

acklan wrote:
I hope that bad girl stays out in the gulf. New Orleans is 22 ft below sea level.

So, does that mean New Orleans will turn into a big pond if there's too much rain?
...has it ever happened?
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Mon 29 Aug 2005, 10:48    Post subject:  

The New York Times wrote:
August 29, 2005
Powerful Storm Threatens Havoc Along Gulf Coast
By JOSEPH B. TREASTER and ABBY GOODNOUGH

NEW ORLEANS, Aug. 28 - Hurricane Katrina, one of the most powerful storms ever to threaten the United States, bore down on the Gulf Coast on Sunday, sending hundreds of thousands of people fleeing the approach of its 160-mile-an-hour winds and prompting a mandatory evacuation of New Orleans, a city perilously below sea level.

"We are facing a storm that most of us have long feared," said Mayor C. Ray Nagin, who issued the order to evacuate. "This is a once-in-a-lifetime event."

The hurricane's eye was expected to make landfall around daybreak on Monday in southeastern Louisiana, possibly squarely in New Orleans...<>

The city has avoided a direct hit from a powerful storm since Hurricane Betsy in 1965. In addition to the dangerous winds, Mr. Nagin said, Hurricane Katrina could bring 15 inches of rain and a storm surge of 20 feet or higher that would "most likely topple" the network of levees and canals that normally protect the bowl-shaped city from flooding.

That possibility was enough for many of the city's 485,000 residents to heed the mayor's call to leave, paralyzing traffic along major highways from just after daybreak and into the evening.

"I probably won't have a house when I go back," Tanya Courtney, 25, who lives in the city's French Quarter, said Sunday in Gulfport, Miss., where she and a group of friends bound for Atlanta stopped for a rest.

The approaching storm shut down much of the oil production in the Gulf of Mexico, which is responsible for one-quarter of American oil production. The price of oil rose more than $4 a barrel on Sunday.
[/quote]
acklan

PostPosted: Tue 30 Aug 2005, 09:32    Post subject:  

Hi guys. I maybe off line for a little while. We are sending Fire Fighters to N.O. to help. I volunteered to go . I will let ya'll know something this evening. Keep us in your prayers

John
ICQ Number 
Page 2 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Jump to: