For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
dWLkR

#61 Post by dWLkR »

hi there!

could u do it for ver. 2.16, too?!

but no app should be included - dunno how far your derivate goes :>

why => here my post quoted:
dWLkR wrote:hi there!

is someone interested in creating a puppy derivate - that lacks of apps - but has all the drivers included? 1st the mount tool will be started (for beeing able choosing vmware images from drives) and then vmware player should start "fullscreen" so that no interaction with "real" OS is possible...?
link: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=119524

bdika

#62 Post by bdika »

I can't seem to find BarelyPup on any of the links. Is it still available?

Thanks.

bdika

raffy

Slightly bigger barelypup

#63 Post by raffy »

Please find a slightly bigger barelypup here.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

bdika

#64 Post by bdika »

Many thanks raffy.

bdika

Todd

#65 Post by Todd »

bdika:

Check your messages (here on the forum).

Todd

bdika

devx_213.sfs

#66 Post by bdika »

Hi:

I have a frugal install of barelypup on my harddrive. It is installed to /home. I have placed the devx_213.sfs in my /home directory and when I reboot into barelypup, it seems to be loaded based on the memory indicator.

However, when I type in the CLI 'which perl', I get nothing. When I 'modprobe ndiswrapper', it just hangs. When I type in 'find / -iname perl' I get nothing.

Am I right in thinking that barelypup is not seeing devx_213.sfs?

Do I have to install something else before it can recognize devx_213.sfs?

I want to use ndiswrapper and I think the wizard needs perl to run it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

bdika

jcagle

#67 Post by jcagle »

Many of the .PETs I have downloaded, while it will install in Grafpup, do not want to install in BarelyPup for some reason. It acts like the files are corrupted. Grafpup seems to read those same files just fine.

Todd

#68 Post by Todd »

jcagle writes:
Many of the .PETs I have downloaded, while it will install in Grafpup, do not want to install in BarelyPup for some reason. It acts like the files are corrupted. Grafpup seems to read those same files just fine.
To remedy this situation, I have changed the .PET's name to .tar.gz, extracted it and then re-compressed it from within BarelyPup. You end up with a .tar.gz again, but extracting it and re-compressing it takes care of the installing problem. (You use the pupget installer to install the .tar.gz file.)

Todd

jcagle

#69 Post by jcagle »

Sounds good, better than what I was doing to get it to work...thanks.

raffy

pupzip

#70 Post by raffy »

It could be pupzip that is not working. I noticed it only after I have uploaded the revised ISO.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

GoldEmish

#71 Post by GoldEmish »

Hi, i have some troubles with barely puppy :(
I would like to install it as a normal-os, in his Hdd, saving all preferences and without asking any save session.

I tryed to follow the guides instructions for Hdd install but i got these trobules:

- With a USB Cdrom barleypuppy boot fails
- Using a IDE Cdrom i can install barelyp but i can't install the Grub, when i choose "Install Grub" directly ask me if i want to install another floppy booter (but it did nothing because if I restart boot fails as there isn't any boot loader).
Can you help me?

Thank you

bdika

user other than root

#72 Post by bdika »

Hi:

I'm having the same problem with PostgreSQL as shown on this post:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=10992

I'm using BarelyPup 2.13. I have an identical setup in Pup 2.16 that works flawlessly.

Is there a library or system pup that I have to add to BarelyPup so that I can have postgres as a user?

Basically when I compile PostgreSQL and set up the postgres user in BarelyPup everything works fine. When I reboot the postgres user no longer has access to /usr/local/pgsql/data folder. When I

chown postgres /usr/local/pgsql/data

the properties seem to indicate that postgres is the owner but postgres still cannot write to the above folder (permission denied). I have an identical setup in Pup 2.16 that works fine after reboot. That is why I am asking if there is something I have to install into BarelyPup to get it to work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

bdika

raffy

Grub package

#73 Post by raffy »

Grub itself may not be present in barelypup so you have to download and install it (through the package manager).

Or you can browse to here, download Grub and then use package manager (install alien package) to have Grub working. (This method is a bit faster.)

#74 Post by 3133 »

Have tried all the references I can find for a download of the original BarelyPup-2.13-0.1 without success. Does anyone know of a currently live site?
Puppy User since Ver 0.4

Previously known as Guest

#75 Post by Previously known as Guest »

Located here.

muggins

#76 Post by muggins »

deleted post as wrong version.

#77 Post by 3133 »

Many thanks, Guest
Puppy User since Ver 0.4

edoc

BarelyPup will run in 32MB RAM with some HDD Swap Help?

#78 Post by edoc »

rerwin wrote: ... The IA-1 has only 32MB of ram, but the "free" command shows it using only ~9MB of the swap partition (with very little running). I assume that if I run only 1 or 2 apps at a time the performance will remain acceptable ...
I am looking for a tiny Puppy that will run on my old Panasonic CF-41 MKiii
laptop.

As-is it has 16MB RAM but I can go out and buy another 16MB proprietary
card to get a whopping 32MB of RAM.

It currently runs Win98se, slowly but successfully, and even runs Seamonkey!

I'd like to liberate it from the tyranny of Gates ... is BarelyPup the white knight?
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603