Keyboard problems in Grafpup 2

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
msumner

Keyboard problems in Grafpup 2

#1 Post by msumner »

I dont know if this is a bug or if I am just being stupid. :? I should be using a UK keyboard but I appear to be on the US keyboard as the sterling sign is # and the " and @ are transposed. Obviously, I could have hit the wrong button when I booted the first time, but I cannot get it to change to UK keyboard using the keyboard/mouse wizard. This is in a type 2 install. Any suggestions appreciated, as I dont want to re-install again.
Mike

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#2 Post by Béèm »

So you are saying the selection of the keyboard type in the wizard don't stick.

The only place I have seen where the keyboard is defined, is in xorg.conf.

Look in the "keyboard0" section and there is a line to choose the keymap.

I never did a change that way, but maybe it will work for you.

msumner

#3 Post by msumner »

Thanks Be-em, that worked a treat. Thing is though, there were 2 xorg.conf files in the same directory. I thought that couldnt happen. One was for US and the other GB, so I renamed the US one and re-booted. It ran xorgwizard during boot, and when it came up, the keyboard was back to my usual GB setting. Guess there must be a bug somewhere, and I am wondering if it came in Nathans bugfixpatch that I recently applied? Nathan?......
Cheers, Mike

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#4 Post by Béèm »

Glad it worked, but I crossed my fingers. :D And you're welcome.

Nathan F

#5 Post by Nathan F »

The patch would not have touched this at all, so not sure what might have been wrong.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

msumner

#6 Post by msumner »

Nathan F wrote:The patch would not have touched this at all, so not sure what might have been wrong.

Nathan
That's interesting....I am still baffled about how 2 files with the same name can get into the same directory?
Mike