pizzapup windows movement

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
eden6000

pizzapup windows movement

#1 Post by eden6000 »

Hi everybody, i'm using pizzapup 3.00 and i found that the way it moves the windows on the screen is too "heavy", at least for my cpu, since it always show the content of the window when moving it; i tried teenpup and i saw it manages windows movement like ms windo*s does, so it shows only the borders of the windows when moving them, then showing the content when releasing them some place (hope to have explained myself well.....).. so, is there a way to configure it this way also in pizzapup?

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#2 Post by GuestToo »

i think pizzapup uses Icewm

edit the hidden file /root/.icewm/preferences (click the Show Hidden Files button on the top of the Rox window) ... add these lines to the bottom of the file:

OpaqueMove=0
OpaqueResize=0

or edit those lines that are already in the file

restart Icewm

eden6000

#3 Post by eden6000 »

great!
Thanks Guestoo, lines were already there, so i just edited them...but now windows are not shown at all when you move them, it would be the best to see the borders while moving them, in order to preview where they will be as you release them....maybe you can't do it? it's a limit of icewm?

eden6000

#4 Post by eden6000 »

sorry, I wrote badly your name, Guest'Too
my excuses

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#5 Post by GuestToo »

the borders are very visible and easy to see, on my machine ... maybe the theme you are using has very narrow borders

# Horizontal window border
# BorderSizeX=6 # [0-128]

# Vertical window border
# BorderSizeY=6 # [0-128]

eden6000

#6 Post by eden6000 »

Hi Guest'Too, sorry I didn't thank you before, but I was on vacations in Sardinia, Italy...
I read your answer, tried your suggestion, but it didn't work, maybe I didn't explain me well: what I needed was to see the borders of the windows while MOVING them, so to understand where they go as you release the somewhere on the desktop...did I do something wrong?