[Gaming with Puppy] Game-SFS-files?

Play with your Puppy.
b00ky

[Gaming with Puppy] Game-SFS-files?

#1 Post by b00ky »

Hi all,

at first I have to admit, that I'm a puppy addict :D! I have WinXP on my system, but since 4 weeks I nearly everytime use my USB-stick to boot puppy from it! It's capabilities are amazing :).

But sometimes I missed my WinXP-Games :(.

So what about some gaming-SFS-files? There are so much nice games, but they are not very easy to install :(. But this SFS-thing is great! I tried wine.sfs and it works perfect!

I would like

- RtCW: Enemy Territory (ok, it's WW II :oops:, but it's the best Team-3D-Shooter EVER!)
- Nexiuz
- ???

Is this idea possible?

kirk

#2 Post by kirk »

Yes, I think that's the way to go. I've been thinking about making a .sfs game module, but I think I'll wait and see what Mark's been working on. He's mentioned something about a game package.

It would be nice if Puppy had a way of automaticly adding items to the start menu when a .sfs module is added.

MU

#3 Post by MU »

I planned creating a game-iso in autumn, but currently my list of projects is long, so there is no warranty.
Don't take my announcement to drop your own projects.
Also feel free to add any dotpups I made already.

Nexuiz:
Download from their homepage, extract, run it.
It is precompiled and works in Puppy, if you have libsdl and 3D-drivers (see my quake2-postings for links).
Mark

tr0y

#4 Post by tr0y »

Hey, nice project! Are there some news? If not: No problem! MU, you are the greatest :wink:

MU

#5 Post by MU »

Now with Muppy it should be easier to make, as I can include a second sfs in the iso.
This makes it simple to create a "office-Muppy", Game-Muppy and so on.
Also Muppy has all/most required libs and drivers.
But not shure, if I will be able this month.
Mark

wow

#6 Post by wow »

I'd make a .sfs with emulators few months ago, but is for Puppy 1.xx(addon never released since most of emulator requires hardware acceleration and puppy users uses xvesa in most cases). If someone is interested on this maybe I can remake it for Puppy 2.xx and share the file.
Actual size is about 40MB, contains libraries, python and emulators for psx(2 versions of epsxe, 2 of pcsx), nintendo 64(mupen64), multiple consoles(xmess0.106), multiple arcade(xmame0.106), 3D arcade(zinc), nintendo(fceu), snes(zsnes pre1.43, snes9x 1.50), pcengine(hugo), gameboy/gameboyadvance(VisualBoyAdvance1.7.2), atari2600(stella). Frontends for fceu(gfceu), vba(vbaexpress), snes9x(snes9xpress), xmame(gxmame), mess/mame(kxmame2.0beta).

You can download them at http://linuxemu.retrofaction.com/ or in my space in filefront(but without any warranty that they runs in your system).
[url=http://www.puppylinux.com][img]http://i.imgur.com/M4OyHe1.gif[/img][/url]

b00ky

#7 Post by b00ky »

Hey, are there some news about Game-SFS-files?

MU

#8 Post by MU »

not from my side.
My job eats all my time, and I have no computer with 3D accelleration here.

Though I think of buying a computer of maybe 400 Euro-class that could run Doom3 fast and in good quality, and maybe even games based on the Unreal3 engine.
http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html/te ... ue30.shtml

I don't know if 400 euro will be sufficient for the latter, must google a bit.
But then again it would take a month or so to finish the iso.

Mark

Gekko

#9 Post by Gekko »

It would be quite easy to get Enemy Territory on Puppy, but not as an sfs. This is because ET requires mods and downloads to allow it to run.