Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 02 Oct 2014, 00:38
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Booting from CD, data on USB, nothing on HD
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 2 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Hank

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep 2005, 10:38    Post_subject:  

Using the flash drive in this manner is really more of a temporary thing. Without making a change to the hard drive on my work computer, it was the only way that I could find to create a consistently bootable environment that would store my changes while trying to get my network card to function. And that problem has been resolved!

I had tried bladehunter's wifi beta 2 dot pup without success (kernel panic?) a number of times and WAG wouldn't find the card since it's not a pcmcia card. In parallel to trying this, I have been working offline with tempestuous on getting the ipw2200 drivers to work. Yesterday we (really tempestuous) came up with the magic combination!! I'm working with him to refine the setup afterwhich, I believe, he intends to create a dot pup file from his installation. Tempestuous really deserves kudos for the effort he's put in to get this working even though he doesn't have this card!

Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep 2005, 13:10    Post_subject:  

Hank, perhaps just as important as another dotpup, would be to expand your post into a general discussion of the various things to consider when trying to get wireless working in Puppy. You've already made a good start. Smile
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 2 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum