MD5 for puppy-1.0.2-opera-custom.iso ?

Booting, installing, newbie
jt

MD5 for puppy-1.0.2-opera-custom.iso ?

#1 Post by jt »

Dear Mr. Murga sir,

As I eagerly await my behindhanded dialup download of your most recent and doubtlessly fine puppy-1.0.2-opera-custom.iso, would you kindly provide your increasingly loyal fans with an MD5 sum for this little rascal? I don't know what I would do without it -- an accompanying MD5 sum, that is, being a great fan of Opera and an even greater fan of your judicious tweaking of Mr. Barry's unquestionably pace-setting Puppy. By the by, have you noticed the unfolding statistics for Puppy downloads on Distrowatch.com? http://distrowatch.com/ Simply amazing, don't you think? Here is this cute little puppy dishing all those great big long-established Linux distributions with a mere wag of its tiny, functional, and immensely user-friendly tail. Why, if I didn't know better, I would have to say that this is what Linux is -- or ought to be all about. And, as I write this missive, I cannot help but note that Puppy is currently registering a rank of 22 out of the 100 listed Linux distributions on the one-month download stats. Now that is some kind of success for a come-from-nowhere tiny little distro, don't you think?

Your loyal fan and ardent Puppy lover,

J.T.

P.S.: Cute though the current Puppy logo is, perhaps Mr. Barry could pluck one of the real Puppy

JohnMurga
Site Admin

#2 Post by JohnMurga »

Hey
As I eagerly await my behindhanded dialup download of your most recent and doubtlessly fine puppy-1.0.2-opera-custom.iso, would you kindly provide your increasingly loyal fans with an MD5 sum for this little rascal? I don't know what I would do without it -- an accompanying MD5 sum, that is
Wow ... All the more impressive is the fact that you posted this before I had finished uploading all the files ... Which included an unpdated MD5 sum.

I am touched ;-)

I hope you'll enjoy the new version.

Details here :

http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?t=265

Was going to wait until 1.0.3, but here you go ...

Cheers
JohnM