A Rave

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
EarlSmith

A Rave

#1 Post by EarlSmith »

I know I am only a user and contribute very little to Puppy. But I have been with Puppy since 0.9.6 and want to put it to real use. Two things I really need to work on the next version is "Printing", and the "Calendar" function in Mozilla. I have held back bring this issue up but Puppy is so good in so many ways and has so few flaws, it is ashame it can't print from all the printable applications. I know some of you have tried to tell me how to go back to the older Mozilla, but I get very frustrated trying to do some of the things that is so easy to you. I am not a programmer or power user but I can see the great potential for Puppy. I always liked having a stable version and a cutting edge version and I know this is more work for you, but maybe every third or fourth version you could take the time to get everything to really work. We could still work on debugging the cutting edge versions while we used the stable one for productive work.
Rave over -- Thanks again for everyones hard work!

Auda

#2 Post by Auda »

I agree, network printing, via samba, is all that holding me back from installing puppy on half a dozen computers.
Auda

BarryK
Puppy Master

#3 Post by BarryK »

I hoping printing will be improved in the 1.0.3 release.
See the News page re the latest Ghostscript.

I also want to Calendar to work. I think, if the nightly source hasn't fixed it, I'll go back to the last stable release, currently 1.7.8.

Fingers crossed, we might have both of these licked!